Friday, April 1, 2011

Streaking...

3am and you would've thought an internal siren went off.  I was wide awake and seriously about to get up and just start cleaning something...because what else is there to do at 3am?  My mind was racing, and it truly had to do with the competition.  Its literally JUST around the corner, but there I was having a mental freak-out too early to even justify getting up to do anything about it!...What a nut job.  I eventually fell back asleep and got up at 5:50...way to sleep in Mer.  At that point I had to get up and start sucking down coffee like it was my job.  Because it is.

I was pretty pumped for my workout today.  I had shoulders, core, and sprints.  My legs felt pretty good so I wasn't necessarily dreading the sprints as much as usual.  I started with shoulders, and discovered that my "pump" will last about 30-35 minutes and then start to fade.  And its definitely more obvious in my shoulders than anywhere else.  Here's why this is important info....before you go onstage, you actually "pump up".  There are weights backstage and you literally stand back there in your ridiculous heels and nearly-thong and lift weights to get the blood flowing to your muscles so that you look "full" on stage.  But the thing is that the pump will only last so long...so its beneficial for me to know about how long I have so I'm not wasting time before I go on.  You learn something new everyday...there ya go.

Since my legs were feeling pretty good, I went for harder sprints on the legs.  I allowed a little more rest time between runs,...15 seconds on, 30 seconds rest, incline at 5, speed 11...20 minutes worth after a 5 minute warm-up.  Legs were spent and I was sucking wind by the end.  The last 4 minutes were probably some of the toughest I've had during any sprint workout.

Workout:
Seated DB shoulder press 4 x 10
Seated lateral raise (drop set 8/8) 4 sets
Front raise (drop set 8/8) 4 sets
Sit-ups, legs over bench 2 x 15
Sit-ups on BOSU 2 x 15
Reverse crunches 3 x 30 seconds
Oblique crunches on decline 2 x 20
Sprints 25 minutes

It was so nice to be done with today's workout.  I get 2 days to "breathe" if you will.  Tomorrow is cardio, rest on Sunday, back to the grind on Monday.

It was April Fool's Day today and yet I did not do ANYTHING.  What is wrong with me?!  The best one was in college when I got a guy to call my parents at midnight saying he was the campus police and I just got arrested for streaking.  Of course my parents immediately believed it.  I was always the naked kid of the group.  My mom was in tears and my dad was ready to ring my neck.  It was awesome.  I was not the favorite child for awhile after that one...oh but it was worth the laughs.  Today I just didn't have the motivation to put together a good scheme.  And you can't even joke about the whole pregnant thing...that will bite you in the rear every time.  Lie about it on April 1st,...find out you're the next Oct-o-mom 3 weeks later...

So, I'm going to a competition tomorrow morning to kind of "get in the mood"...its a smaller show that's actually being held at my old high school.  Nothing like starting off your Saturday with some half-naked strangers... That will be me in 2 weeks...yikes...

Alright peeps, time for bed....have a great weekend and we'll be back on go in 2 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment