Tuesday, April 5, 2011

In the storm

Tuesday morning started at 3am...I woke up in a near freak-out when our house started shaking from a huge storm outside.  Been awake ever since.  Ridiculous.  I don't have a child nor insomnia...there's no reason I should be awake at 3am.  Needless to say, it was a long day. 

Today was the first day in awhile that I was actually hungry.  Cutting 75-100 calories makes a big difference toward the end of dieting when 4oz feels like 2 and you are literally counting the minutes until your next meal.  My favorite meal of the day is my oatmeal.  That mess tastes likes cake right now...add some egg whites and I'm a happy camper.  I almost want to curse when the bowl is empty.  Depending on the day, I do.

Workout today was legs and core.  I kept the rep range around 15 for my leg exercises and avoided going to absolute failure...but I came close.  My legs are pretty tired right now in general from the sprints, incline walking, and simply from being on my feet from 5:30 to 7:00 most days.  Strength was down a little, not surprising, and my cardio afterward was a battle.  Cardio is miserable to begin with...but after a leg workout it should be considered self-destructive-behavior. 

Workout:
Squats 3 x 15
Walking lunges 3 x 25 yards
Hamstring curls on machine 4 x 15
Leg extensions 3 x 15
SLDL 3 x 15
Lunge jumps 3 x 20
Decline weighted sit-ups 3 x 20
Full sit-ups on BOSU 3 x 15
Leg raises 3 x 15
Cardio 45 minutes

Watching baseball and about to hit the sac.  I need to wash my hair, but a shower is way too much effort at this point.  I normally just put my head under the faucet like a 5 year old...I do what I can.

Tomorrow is bicep/tricep/sprints....whew, I swear it feels like I was just on that dern treadmill.  I am tired and moody...shocker.  A little Tosh.O and then bed...another day down...one more on its way...

No comments:

Post a Comment