Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Man down...

I honestly do not know where to begin...I am pretty amazed that its only a couple of days away from show time.  My brain is on overload and my body is practically breathing a sigh of relief.  After my workout this morning I laid down on the floor and just recapped the last 4 months...every workout, every God awful sprint, every moment I wanted to scream, cry, curse, or all of the above.  Amidst all the random thoughts, I was able to lay there confident in my training/preparation...and that was enough.  My sprints were hard today...very hard.  My legs are exhausted and ready for a few days break.  I've sprinted for 6 weeks straight...something I honestly haven't done since high school.  And then it was for doing something stupid like mooning people on the bus....this time around I haven't even dropped my pants and I'm running like I'm in trouble with the law.  Wrong on so many levels...

Workout:
Wide grip pull-up 3 x 10-12
Seated cable row 3 x 12
Single arm lat pull-down 3 x 10 each
BB row 3 x 12
Rear flys 3 x 15
EZ bar curls 4 x 10-12
Alternating DB curls 3 x 10 each
Bicep pull-down with lat bar 3 x 10-12
Sprints 25 minutes

Overall my day was pretty long...cramming clients in so I could take tomorrow off.  I thought I would start painting tonight, however its after 9 and I'm tired and haven't done any of the pre-paint preparations...so it looks like I will be up painting my ass at 6am tomorrow morning...literally.  I can do pretty much anything with a few cups of coffee under my belt.  My prime is from 7 to 8:30 in the morning...after that, its all downhill...which explains so much.

My upper right trap is killing me.  I have to complain about it right now because its been throbbing since 6am and pulling so hard through my neck that I've had a headache off and on all day.  Stupid traps...between that and my post-waxing-trama, my body is cursing me.  Thankfully tomorrow will only be a light circuit workout.  Light workout?  What the heck is that?...

Well, I am drained.  I will have more to write tomorrow I'm sure.  After a nail appointment and being naked with my mom and a paint brush, I'm sure I'll have stories.  2 days out...here we go...

3 comments:

  1. You are incredible! I can't believe all of these things you are doing to get ready for this competition. I am pretty ignorant of this whole body building world but I admire the dedication so much. I can't wait to hear about the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for putting this blog out there and I really do hope you continue to write. So much of what you've said has inspired and motivated me to push myself during workouts (I'd have to say you help quite a bit with that, too) and believe that I'm capable of achieving more than I think. Without sounding too cheesy, you really are an amazing person and I truly believe you deserve to win this competition. I feel honored that I get to watch you on Saturday. Good luck with the next couple of days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You ladies are awesome. Thank you so much for your comments, honesty, support, I could go on... I am thankful my blog sparks thought and perhaps some inspiration here and there despite my own moments of weakness. With 2 days to go I can truly say I am ready to return to the very spot I stood 5 years ago but with greater awareness and confidence in myself as an athlete, trainer, and woman. Thank you for helping me get there!...

    ReplyDelete