Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Get BIG

Ever since last Monday I feel like I've been on the go, with little time to relax and just chill for a bit.  My body is still very tired, sore, and still trying to figure out what the heck happened last weekend.  I swear I think I've drank more water in the past 5 days than I do in a 2 week span.  I'm gradually getting back to par.

Right now I'm dealing with horrible pain on the outside of my left knee.  I started feeling it Sunday morning and honestly think its from those stripper heels.  Nature's way of saying no one should ever wear those things...ever...for any reason.  Sprinting today was almost unbearable, and I had to stop 5 minutes early because I could no longer pound that hard on it.  If I were a horse they would have already taken me out back and shot me...stupid knee.  I'm hoping it just wears off in the next few days.  I don't have time for bum knees, ankles, or boobs for that matter (not sure how you could have a "bum-breast" but you get the idea).  Gotta roll on...

Biceps and triceps today.
My arms are one area I want to increase size a little bit, so for the next few weeks I'll focus a bit more on strength.  Proportionally, my arms are not too bad, although my biceps could stand some more size in comparison to my triceps.  Awesome...by July I'll be cleaning out my closet again because I'm busting out of everything...and not in the chest region.  Overall, it was a great workout (besides the sprints).  I was barely able to run hard enough to get my heart rate to 180...not cool.

Workout:
BW dips 3 x 15-20
Reverse grip tricep extension 3 x 12
Rope press-down 3 x 12
Lying lat bar curls 4 x 10
Seated alternating DB curls 3 x 8 each
EZ bar close grip curls 3 x 8
Sprints 20 minutes

No huge food splurge today.  I'm gradually getting my calories back up, and hope to be at maintenance within a few weeks...the Easter candy will help.  I remember when I was little and my mom would have our baskets out and filled before church...and there I was stuffing my face with robin eggs at 7am.  I'd walk into church on one heck of a sugar high, and then pass out mid-sermon.  I'll have to answer for that one day I'm sure.  Add it to the list...

Well, I've got to make some dinner for the hubby and then get in bed before I just pass out downstairs on the couch.  I am pretty much worthless after 7:30...and sometimes before that depending on the day...

Night folks!!

1 comment:

  1. Take it easy on that knee! Glad to see training is back on track and BTW, gotta love that Target story! Will see you soon

    ReplyDelete