Monday, April 25, 2011

It was only just a dreeaaammm!!

Dear Lord, did anyone else come down off an extreme Easter-induced-sugar-high that left you wanting to bang your head against the wall by 7am?  Just me?  Awesome...

It was a rough start to the day.  I didn't get enough sleep last night...as I unfortunately got hooked on an episode of the Real Housewives of Orange County.  Yes, I watch that crap.  You're never smarter after watching that show...only keenly aware of just how small your breasts are.  Thank you ladies, because I needed to be reminded that C is the new B, D is the new C, and A cups are for an 8 year old with a dream.  Your twins are huge, we get it...

SO anyway, after little sleep, and indulging in some Easter candy this weekend, today was a loonnngg day.  I was pretty pumped about changing my lifting routine though.  Today I did back, biceps, and shoulders...very heavy, for reps of 6-8.  I want to try to hit almost every muscle group twice a week, one heavy/power day, and one lighter day....by lighter I mean reps of 12ish.  However, I will still only have 1 day of leg training since I am still sprinting.  I loved lifting heavy today, and 6 reps is great for my ADD...by rep 6 I am bored and ready to move on.  Ha.  So it worked out great.  Oh, and I was also able to go harder on my sprints today.  My left leg is still hurting a little, but not nearly as bad as last week.  Onward I roll...

Workout:
Wide grip pull-up 4 x 6
Seated cable row 4 x 6-8
Single arm lat pull-down 4 x 6 each
Seated BB shoulder press 4 x 6
Bent arm lateral raises 4 x 6-8
Standing EZ bar curls 4 x 6-8
Alternating DB curls 4 x 6 each
Sprints

Awesome workout, very spent by the end.  Tomorrow will be legs and core...can't wait.

Getting back in gear this past week was tough....there's always sort of a "let down" after a big event...tired, mentally and physically, and just this sense of "ok, now what?"  By Friday of last week I was ready for some rest and refocus.  This week will be better.

Not much to elaborate on today...its late and I need to get in bed asap.  If I have another morning like this morning I might have even less sympathy in the gym than I already do....very sobering thought for a lot of people...

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment