Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Death by wax...

What a day.  I fell asleep later than I'd hoped last night and got to work not really remembering much of the drive.  I've got the coffee mug to my face and the music blasting to keep me awake.  Ever pull up next someone at a stoplight really really early in the morning and hear their bass thumping and wonder who the heck could be rocking out to Eminem before sunrise?  Yup, its me.  I little ridiculous, but getting up at 4:30 is ridiculous so I have to manage somehow...

Today was my last official "leg day" before the show.  Again, I kept the rep range around 15, and just focused on the squeeze of every movement.  Not gonna lie, I kind of miss lifting super-heavy on my legs...which is a statement I might take back the first time I return to squatting an obscene amount of weight for 8 reps and convinced that my pancreas might fall out, simply because that's how dramatic I am.  I'm probably going to receive an email from someone all freaked out about their pancreas falling out while squatting.  Sorry folks, won't happen...so keep lifting heavy...your more likely to throw up or pee yourself.  Not exactly pleasant, but quicker clean up.

I had a great core workout today.  Abs look decent.  Lower abdominal muscles and obliques are out of control, and given my tendency to put on good muscle mass from the waist-down, I'm about 2 crunches and 5 squats away from shopping at Lane Bryant...

Workout:
Leg press 4 x 15
Walking lunges 3 x 25 yards
Leg extension 3 x 15
Hamstring curls on machine 3 x 15
Lunge jumps 4 x 20
Reverse glute raise/flutter on ball 3 x 60
BOSU full sit-ups 3 x 15
Heel touch/pilates leg-lower 3 x 20 each
Bike ab on bench 3 x 30 seconds
Cardio 45 minutes

Tomorrow will be my last "heavy" workout of the week, with just 2 days of light circuit training on Thursday and Friday.  My body is used to a certain routine so I need to keep it there as much as possible, without being sore near the show.  Oh, and last day of sprints tomorrow...hallelujah.  I'll get a few days break and won't know what to do with myself...eh, I have a few ideas...

Soooo....I went for my waxing appointment today.  First time.  Let's just put it this way, I'm pretty sure that just before you enter hell, you are waxed.  My pain threshold is pretty high, but today was absurd.  Halfway through I wanted to hit the poor woman in the face...first time I've wanted to hit a stranger. Ok, that's a lie, but you get the idea.  After it was over she advised me to wear lose clothing for awhile...uhhh...lose pants?  What are those?  Clearly she had no clue who she was talking to.  Spandex is my life...I'm fairly certain I came from my mom's womb doing push-ups in a pair of biker shorts...so this was not an option.  I threw on my skin-tight pants and headed back to work...more eager to sit on an ice pack than yell at people.  Needless to say, it was a long afternoon...

9:04 and I need to head to bed.  Tomorrow is my last day of work for this week so its a packed day.  Back and biceps on tap for tomorrow's workout, some sprints, and then gear up for the rest of my week.  Lots to do...paint, pack, nail appointment, paint some more, question my sanity a few times, paint once again,...here we go...


Goodnight to all!!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think it's just before hell, I think it's in hell that you're waxed... just before they ask, "Are you really sure you want in?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rock it this weekend Meredith!!! Conquer that stage, you OWN it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't want to say anything before you went for the waxing, but the first time is always the worst and most painful. I can vividly, and unfortunately, recall my first time and I know what you mean about wanting to punch the girl (or scream, "Sucka mothafucka!!") Can't help but think of 40 Year Old Virgin. :) At least it's over with! And if you do decide to go back again it's much better the second and third time...provided you don't go too long between appointments. But I wouldn't blame you if you never went back. :)

    ReplyDelete