Thursday, April 14, 2011

24 to go

Sleeping in this morning was basically a joke.  Awake at 4am and finally out of bed by 5:45.  By 6:30 I was out of the shower, had my iPod strapped to my head with pre-wrap, and I was slapping on brown paint like I was on a mission.  I have to have my iPod on for everything...so finding a way to keep it on my body while applying body paint/stain was quite interesting.  But I figured if someone was genius enough to construct a hands-free beer helmet, I was fully capable of solving the iPod dilemma.  I knew that college degree would come in handy someday.

Today's been a quiet day.  I didn't work, but went in for a quick circuit workout.  No one was there...just me, my music, and any ounce of anxiety I felt regarding the show.  I honestly found it difficult to take it easy in the gym.  I wanted to go heavier and harder, but I knew I couldn't...I just kept reminding myself that this was necessary for now.  It helped, but I can't deny my frustration with the notion of going "light" in the gym.  What an oxymoron.  I hit chest, shoulders, and a little bit of triceps...2-3 exercises per body part, 15 reps but never to failure...weight around 40% lighter than usual.  No cardio.  That was the highlight of my day.  Well that and yelling at my mom for leaving a streak of brown paint on my breast...ok, I didn't really yell, I just assertively pointed out that it looked like someone used the bathroom on my chest...what? It did...I just chose a few different words... My mom should get mother of the year award for all of this.

Mentally, I've been in a really good place all day.  I've been alone most of the day, which has been great.  I needed some downtime, and tomorrow will be much of the same.  I've had so many random thoughts that I'll probably go into greater detail tomorrow...pretty emotional day.

The plan for tomorrow is to sleep in as much as possible...clean (because my OCD needs a fix)...run a few errands...and then back to the rents to finish up some painting.  Running errands will be entertaining...as people look at me trying to figure out why I appear to have been molested by the sun...

Ok, its almost 10:00 and I'm beat...just one more day to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment