Monday, April 11, 2011

Scrambled please...

I'm about 1 egg white away from going to the bathroom and laying my own...
12 egg whites today, some tilapia, chicken, and an ungodly amount of asparagus and spinach...welcome to peak week.  I feel pretty weak, but mentally on point.  Getting through today's workout was tougher than I expected because 20 pounds felt like 30, and 30 felt like 50, and the 35's felt like Aunt Bertha was sitting on my chest.  Honestly, the entire experience was not very pleasant, but it is what it is. 

I've had many clients/friends ask me how I'm doing today...let's "go there" shall we...

I'm nervous, excited, extremely tired, eager, focused, and dealing with all sorts of thoughts that I haven't quite sorted out just yet.  Its been 5 years since I've stood on that particular stage, and I can vividly remember looking at the pictures afterward and being disappointed.  I didn't work hard enough...I didn't want it bad enough.  I was one place away from qualifying for nationals, and I knew that I didn't deserve that spot.  I am bombarded with images from that last show...like it was my moment of "falling off the bike"...and now sometimes I fear going on stage and looking the exact same...not prepared...not to my potential...simply mediocre.  Its not logical, I know, because I look so different, and so I acknowledge them and then move on.  Because its not about being fearless, but how you respond to that fear that matters.  It moves you in one direction or another...towards a greater sense of self and success or towards complacency and the mind-numbing thought of "what if".  I saw this quote the other day and it really stuck with me, it said "Whatever you fear, go there."  Here I go...

Chest/shoulders/sprints today....this will be my 6th week of sprint work...amazing my knee caps are still intact.  Despite the fact that everything felt much heavier than I'd like, it was a good workout.  Right now it is maintenance...just getting to Saturday feeling confident, hard, and ready.

Workout:
Incline DB press 4 x 10, drop set on 4th
Flat DB bench 3 x 10
DB flys 4 x 12, drop set on 4th
Push-ups to failure 2x
Seated BB shoulder press/ss lateral raises 4 x 12/15
Seated Arnold press/ss front raise partials 3 x 10/15
Sprints 25 minutes

The latest question in the Falcon house is when to start painting.  Originally, I was thinking Thursday night...now I'm thinking Wednesday.  I'm extremely pale right now, (I'm pretty sure I glow in the dark when I'm naked),...and so I'm thinking I might need at least 5 coats of paint...which takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R.  Hell, we might as well start right now. 

Alright, I've gotta cook dinner for the hubby....he's getting velveeta shells and cheese with ground turkey...that dish is like fatty-sex-goodness in your mouth.  Why do I let him eat that?  Because if he had to eat the eggs and asparagus that I just ate, the fine line of domestic violence might be crossed. 

Have a wonderful night!!  Moving forward....always moving forward...

No comments:

Post a Comment