Friday, April 8, 2011

Finding strength in pain

Finally Friday...

I thought for sure I'd crash last night and sleep straight through until 6am...yeah, not so much.  Wide awake at 2am.  I kept going over poses in my head...quarter turn to your right...quarter turn to your right...by 4am I was ready to quarter turn to my right and bang my head against the wall.  Up by 5:50 and chugging freshly ground Costa Rica coffee by 6:02.....the only good beverage we've managed to make here in the U.S. is Tennessee whiskey...not that I'm complaining...

Surprisingly, I felt pretty good going into my workout.  At this point I think I'm running on adrenaline and excitement.  I had shoulders, core, and sprints at the end.  Delts are tired at this point, but maintaining decent strength considering.  The main thing bothering me at this point is that my right arm is more defined than my left....details...ah the details.  But, I've tweeked my poses a little bit to focus more attention on my strengths.  Presentation is everything.

Workout:
Seated shoulder press 4 x 10
Close grip BB press/ss seated lateral raises (12/15) 4 sets
Front DB raise 4 x 15
BOSU sit-ups 3 x 15
Reverse crunches 3 x 15
Oblique crunches on decline 3 x 20
Sprints 25 minutes

I finished my day with a couple of clients and a massage.  My eyes watered a few times on that massage table.  My back is one giant knot...and my traps hate me right now....they look like they're trying to make out with my ears.  I'm extremely sore...from working out, as well as the massage.  Tomorrow will just be cardio, and then perhaps cardio on Sunday.

Coming up to just 1 week before my show.  I feel good...I feel ready.....I am so close, and yet everyday and every workout feels like an eternity.  I am tired, but focused, and ready to walk under the lights...

No comments:

Post a Comment