Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easy as PIIIEEEEE!!!

A client brought me a peanut butter pie today....back to my sugar coma.  That thing was unbelievable.  A little bloated at the moment, but completely worth it  Peanut butter is ridiculously high on my list of love...a few steps above plenty of people...

Well, I hit legs pretty hard today...they are already sore and going to the bathroom is more painful than it should ever be at 27 years old.  But seriously, it felt great to leg press to the point I was certain my quads would explode.  Ah yes, gotta love leg day.  I was spent by the end, got in some core work, and then some cardio.

Workout:
Squats 4 x 10
Leg press 3 x 12
Hamstring curls on machine 3 x 12, drop set on set 3
Leg extensions 3 x 12, drop set on set 3
Rear glute raise/pulse on ball 3 x 60
Lunge jumps 3 x 20
BOSU sit-ups 3 x 15
Decline crunch/oblique crunch 3 x 20
Leg lifts 3 x 15

I'll do some sprints tomorrow...assuming my legs are functioning.  One week off from sprints and I'm pretty sure I will feel it in the first 5 minutes.  Can't wait.

Soooo, my Target story.
I met my mom at Target during my break yesterday, so I had about 45 minutes to knock around, catch up, and challenge myself to see how much I could buy in 45 minutes...I like that game...I win every time.  Anyway, I was already pretty riled up (doesn't take much), and going on about it with my mom with all the appropriate foul language and dramatic hand gestures interspersed where necessary.  (She's not a fan of this...she's a happy person...still not sure how she's my mom, but whatever).  So there we were, and all of a sudden every screaming child within a 5 mile radius entered the store.  I swear I was a magnet for every baby who was hungry, tired, or sitting in a crap filled diaper that needed to be changed.  I nearly lost my mind.  At one point a kid started crying in a very un-rhythmic, hysterical yelp that sent my anxiety through the roof.  I cocked my head back and just shouted "For the love of God!!"....to which my mom simply replied, "well, looks like you're not ready for kids yet".  Good call mom.  And thank you to the mothers who decided to bring their children to Target yesterday....I will probably sleep alone for the next 4 weeks...

Well, I've got to cook some fish, clean dishes, and then figure out which spandex pants to wear tomorrow...decisions decisions...

1 comment:

  1. I am still laughing over this story...and how is it that I can clearly visualize something like this happening?

    Peanut butter...drool...I can finish off a jar of that stuff in seconds.

    ReplyDelete