Friday, April 22, 2011

Dying eggs and Diabetes...Happy Easter..???

Its Friday morning and I just finished a little bit of breakfast and cleaning...2 of my favorite things.  I was completely drained last night, and once the Office came on blogging just simply was not going to happen.  By Thursday night I've usually met my word limit and can hardly find a dose of sanity to continue brain activity beyond 7pm.  Sounds worthless doesn't it?  Ha...

Workout yesterday was good...tough, but good.  I got Brian to look at my leg before I started, and basically make sure I wasn't about to die or have to amputate the dern thing.  Its my IT band...tight, pulling, and just painful right now.  He said I could push through what I could handle as far as running...so I wanted to try sprinting again.  I am so hard headed.  I remember when I went to get both big-toe toenails cut out a few years ago and they said "no running for about 2 weeks".  OOKKKK....so I got up the next morning and got on the treadmill.  I had to throw away the shoes because they were covered in blood by the time I was done.  I don't listen very well...BUT, truthfully, if I knew it would seriously injure me, I wouldn't do it.  I don't think it was about being a "Billy-badass" or anything, just basic instinct to do something you've been told not to do.  Like standing too close when you're brother is swinging a croquet mallet....took one to the jaw and learned the hard way...thank you David...

Anyway, I had back and sprints yesterday.  Lifted heavy on back,...reps 8-10 and today my traps are screaming.  I am working on getting my back width in proportion with how thick my back is.  So, yesterday was more emphasis on my upper back, mainly lats.  Sprints went ok, I didn't go faster than 11mph because my leg would start throbbing too bad....so I had to keep my rest time short to keep my heart rate up.  I did 20 minutes worth and then did 20 minutes lighter cardio.  Overall, it was a solid workout.

(Thurs) Workout:
Wide grip pull-ups 4 x 8
Close grip pull-backs 3 x 10
Single arm DB row 3 x 8 each
Bent over rows 3 x 10
Rear flys 3 x 10
Sprints 20 min, incline walk 20 min

Today I will do shoulders and chest...sort of a reverse-workout from Monday.  And then I am going to head out for some last minute Easter-basket shopping.  I'm doing one for my niece...I spoil her like its my job...it is my job.  I adore that child.  She adds some "fresh water" to the polluted gene pool we all swim in.  And I can say that because I came from it....yours is polluted too....I promise....

Well, its been a great work week....long, but good.  Not sure if I'll get around to blogging tonight or tomorrow, so if I don't I hope you all have a fabulous Easter weekend!  And if I wake up to find an Easter basket full of airplane bottles and chocolate, don't judge me...I live in Mebane...that's how we roll around here...

No comments:

Post a Comment