Friday, October 15, 2010

Ready for rest

By Friday I am spent....
Every muscle in my back was sore this morning and my daily dose of coffee only seemed to scratch the surface of getting-me-going.  It was a late night at a country concert, and so getting to bed at midnight was torturous.  Its sad that just a few years ago we would be going out at midnight...my God, I feel like I'm 70 years old sometimes.  And I'd like to thank the ladies in front of us last night who so kindly shared their cigarette smoke with us several times throughout the evening.  When you are pounding Natural Light in public like you're at a frat party, I guess the cigarette almost makes you look classy.  They probably have dolphin tatoos as well.  Way to go ladies...

So my workout today started out great.  I scheduled chest/glutes/hamstrings....I really enjoy training chest and then tolerate the other two.  Lunges leave me winded, but they are nature's butt-lift...thus, they are done weekly.  If you want a nice rearend and refuse to squat or lunge, you can pretty much go ahead and count on a flat backside.  Or, you can opt to order some butt-pads.  Yes, they do exist and I'll probably never own them...my rear is large enough.....and I can imagine a few heads nodding right now.  I know who you are and where you live.

Today's workout:
DB press on slight inlcine 4 x 10
Single arm incline press at 45*  3 x 10 each arm
Cable flys  3 x 10
Push-ups to failure 2x
Kettlebell swings  4 x 15
Walking lunges with DBs  3 x 25 yards
Hamstring curls on machine  4 x 10
Single leg glute raise on bench  3 x 15 each leg
Lunge jumps  3 x 20

The last 3 exercises were such a battle.  I was tired, moody, and my hamstrings were screaming at me.  I got through it, but I wasn't as pleased as I'd like.  Going through the motions just doesn't cut it.  Anybody can do that....in fact, I'd say that most people do.  Next time you workout think about the exact muscle you want to move that weight, focus on every degree of movement, and contract that muscle as hard as you can.....every rep is about precision and tempo.  There's the meat-head coming out in me....and now I'm about to go eat some more chicken.  Wow, that didn't sound much better...

No comments:

Post a Comment