Monday, October 25, 2010

One day at a time

After a fairly relaxing weekend, I was ready to get back in the gym.  I took Saturday completely off and worked on some Christmas shopping to keep me occupied.  Of course I had to try on a few things for myself.  I broke a sweat trying to get some pants over my rear...why no one has created jeans for athletically built women is beyond me.  A little more room in the legs, smaller in the waist, and loads of spandex...its not rocket science people.  Oh, and the people-watching at the mall was fabulous...I feel much more normal after leaving that place...

I had all intentions of doing my Sunday cardio after church, and then for whatever reason I was awake and ready to roll at 5:15.  My internal clock is beyond whack.  On the treadmill by 5:30, and hamstrings screaming by 6:00.  I can hardly bend over.  They are extremely tight today...going to the bathroom is torture....but haven't figured out an alternative.  By Sunday afternoon I was due for a nap...so I did...

Today was a great workout day.  Shoulders, biceps, and core.  Any cardio would've killed me, so I didn't do any.  Ha, I really don't have to spend much time talking myself out of cardio.  And the last thing I want to do at this point is too much cardio so that I am craving sugar and losing muscle.  Cardio will be my last resort to losing fat....I'd rather eat cardboard.  Who am I kidding, I bascially do...

Today's workout:
BB shoulder press(8x)/ss standing 'Y' press to failure  4x
Seated arnold press  3 x 12
Upright row/ss lateral raises  3 x 10 each
EZ bar curls  4 x 12
Underhand lat bar pull-down/ss hammer curls  3 x 10 each
Alternating incline DB curls  3 x 8 each arm
Sit-ups, legs on bench  3 x 15
Decline 1/2 crunch 3 x 15
plank hold 2x

Tired...but feel good.  Thats one more workout behind me.  Its always one workout,...one set....one rep, at a time.  On to the rest of my day...

2 comments:

  1. Jeans are a nighmare for me too: waist smaller than hips and need for a long inseam make it nearly impossible. The best ones I've found are called Hello Skinny Jeans, designed by a woman for women. I got online and they are made in the USA of cotton with a good amount of spandex. They are expensive so I only have 1 pair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know!! I have a couple of good pair from Nordstroms and we won't even get into how much I paid for those...yikes. The best is when you find a great pair that looks fabulous in the legs and then you go to bend over and practically moon everyone behind you. Gotta love that.

    ReplyDelete