Friday, October 22, 2010

My caboose

I was hoping for a solid 8 hours last night, and yet my eyes clicked open at 4:15...then again at 5...and then I finally got up at 6:30.  Tonight I might have to drink Nyquil like cool-aid and pray for coma-like sleep. 

I went to hit a few golf balls before going to workout....it was not a pretty picture.  Being very athletic and growing up playing 3-4 sports, I cannot stand to be mediocre at something.  And mediocre would be the nice way of describing today's driving range adventure.  By the end I wanted to take my 9i to the side of the van parked beside me.  Not that I had anything against the van, except that its a van,  but for whatever reason hitting something seemed like a good idea... My friend says I'm not good enough to get angry when I hit a bad shot.  He now knows its like trying to stop a train....with a big caboose.  Just gotta roll with it...

Today's workout was genuinely hard.  I had back (mainly upper/lats) and hamstrings/glutes.  My rear is one giant knot right now.  I was a little tired, and by Friday everything feels heavier.  When I start feeling like I am "fading" in a workout, I really have to refocus and take everything one rep at a time.  If I look at the clock and know I have 40 minutes left I might throw something (theme of the day).  Perhaps I need to work on my anger management...naaahhh...

Workout:
Wide grip pull-up 4 x 10
Close-grip lat bar pull-down 3 x 10
Single arm Lat pull-down 3 x 8 each
Narrow grip cable row/ss rear flys  3 x 10 each
Leg press on assisted dip machine (glute emphasis) 3 x 10 each leg
Walking DB lunges 3 x 25 yards
Hamstring curls on machine (single leg)  4 x 10 each
Straight leg deadlift  3 x 10-12

Felt a little queezy  after today's workout...a brief nap helped.  Looking forward to a relaxing night and a low-key weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment