Thursday, October 21, 2010

Friday yet?!!

Wow, what a day.  It is not even 10:00 and feels like 1 am.  The only thing worth staying up for is the latest episode of the Office, and if I don't laugh out loud at least 3 times I might take back that comment. 

Today I was demonstrating an exercise to a client and happened to mention that I was extremely sore.  She kind of laughed and said she assumed that I was in such good shape that I do not get sore anymore.  HA!  Ok, time to clear up that myth right now.  No matter how in shape you are, you can still get sore.  As you get stronger, more fit, you simply raise the intensity of your workouts.  I mean my God, right now my lower body feels like I just rode Seabiscuit bareback for two days straight.  I'm basically sore everyday....its a little annoying at times, but I'm pretty much used to it.

I had a great workout today...chest and triceps.  I love working chest more than most guys.  Perhaps if I had enormous twins I wouldn't feel the same way...  And my triceps pretty much want to take over the world.  They were built to do dips day and night until Jesus returns.  I try not to go super-heavy weight on tricep exercises, so the supersets definitely help with that.

Today's workout:
30* incline DB press  4 x 10
45* incline DB press 3 x 10
DB flys/ss tricep press down 4 x 10 each
Front DB raises in neutral position/ss bench dips 3 x 10-12
Single are tricep extensions on cable 3 x 10 each

I had a little more energy today, which was nice.  My body is still adjusting to the diet changes....a few headaches hear and there, but nothing unbearable.  Three months from now it maybe a different story.  My husband might put me in a padded room and send me broccoli under the door...

Long day, but looking forward to some extra sleep tonight....some much needed beauty rest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment