Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Survival of the fittest

I often find that its a little harder to get-going on Tuesday mornings.  Its like Monday's-hangover.  And it bothers me when clients can tell I am tired.  I am by no means a "peppy" trainer (that word hardly exists in my vocabulary), but I do like to be on my game from the time I walk in the door.  I had a great conversation with a client this morning just about training and this blog.....and it was very eye-opening to me to hear how different people perceive working out and my pursuit back onstage as a whole.  I think for most, one of scariest things is to get onstage in front of hundreds of people in a skimpy swimsuit and smile as if you own the place.  I totally get it.  Then again, life is one giant stage.  We are judged everyday whether we want to be or not....although, we are generally wearing more clothes....hopefully.

My workout today was exhausting.  I collapsed on the PT table afterward and fell asleep for a few minutes.  I've decided that super-setting leg press and leg extension should be considered a form of torture.  Thus, I will use it in the future on some of you! ;)  Honestly, my quads were on fire and I literally had to jump out of the seat after my last rep.  Quad definition/size is definitely something I've never been marked down on when I've competed...if anything, I am slightly concerned that they maybe too big...we'll see...the odds of me taking it easy on my leg workouts are about the same as me becoming a vegetarian. And that's a whole other subject I can't wait to vent about.  Brace yourselves folks...

Today's workout:
Squats 4 x 10 (drop set on last set)
Leg press/ss leg extension 4 x 10 each
Explosive squat jumps 3 x 12 
Bent over BB row 4 x 10
Back extensions 3 x 15

I did decide to do some lower and mid-back exercises today.  That way I can bombard my traps and lats on Friday.  I was pleased with my workout today...which is always a bonus.  I honestly hate getting to the end of my workout and feeling like I could have pushed harder or lifted more weight.  Stupid perfectionism.  I like to have a near-death gym experience.  Too bad that never carried over to my school work.  Eh...overrated.  Survival of the fittest...not the smartest.  Little Johnny might know how to make a spear and where to find food on a deserted island, but if I can beat him up and take his fish that's really not going to matter will it?  Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment