Thursday, October 28, 2010

Out of commision

I'm pretty sure World War III has begun in my gut.  Last night and this morning have been a series of "I feel ok....no wait, i feel nauseous....oh crap, better run to the bathroom....oh, false alarm....ugh..".  I know something's up when I take my first sip of coffee and instead of moaning like a freak, I gag.  Honestly, the only thing that kept me drinking it was my need for the caffeine.  Its official, I'm an addict.  I admit it and take the first step...but totally unwilling to do anything about it.  I have other things to go to rehab for....caffeine is the least of my worries.  And then there was my oatmeal experience.  As I said yesterday, it was tough to get it all down...and today was no different.  Its like I looked down, and the oatmeal multiplied.  I didn't know oatmeal could procreate, but apparently it can.  I felt like I'd eaten a brick.

I got through the morning clients and truly enjoyed every conversation and the many laughs that occurred along the way....but I was ready to go home.  So here I am, sitting at home on a Thursday afternoon....it feels so weird.  Its eerily quiet and I feel like I should be yelling at someone to "get their butt down" or "chest up, back straight!"...Yes, I am way to used to dictating, I know.   Its so hard for me to stop and listen to my body sometimes.  I am not good at being sick, but I know this is what I needed.  The only thing that bothers me is that I am not able to get in all my calories today.  Honestly, I could barely hold down some chicken for lunch.  I thought when you are sick you're supposed to have "comforting" foods...like soup or something.  Well, let me tell you what is not comforting....6 ounces of chicken and a spoonful of flaxseed oil.  Six ounces felt like 12 and the oil went down about as smooth as pop-rocks.  Right now my stomach seriously feels like I just ate a Thanksgiving meal...minus the inevitable moment when you try to discretely unbutton the top button of your jeans without anyone seeing.  Quit lying to yourself...everyone saw...and their pants are undone as well.  Its a sick visual...

Looks like I am taking it easy for the rest of the day.  I'm thankful I lifted yesterday, and hope I can bring my A game tomorrow.  I've got chest/glutes/hamstrings.  My hamstrings are tightening up just thinking about it....

Well I am headed to the recliner...might just stay there awhile.....and if it had a "flush" button I wouldn't move for the next 16 hours.  Back to business tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment