Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby got BACK!

My sleeping patterns are completely ridiculous....wide awake once again today at 3:40 a.m..  I am actually waking up more hungry than normal even though I eat my last meal sometimes at 8:30.  But then again, I could eat most people under the table...I'm a human garbage disposal...minus the garbage.  In high school, everyone at the lunch table would just pass me any food they couldn't finish...at 115 lbs. I would polish off cookies, pizza, basically anything.  My husband asks me why I don't eat like that anymore...HA...ok, first of all because it would slowly kill me...secondly, because when I take off my clothes I don't want to get the "Oh dear God!" look.  Let's be honest...

This morning got off to a great start....I was able to work with a client I have not seen in months and excitedly share about life/competing details.  There is definitely something to be said for support and encouragement.  Its powerful...and an endless resource...so give it freely! 

My workout today was good....I was pooped by the end.  I had back/core.  My back is actually pretty well developed, but I feel slightly weak in my lower traps.  Back detail is tremendously important on stage.  Its a lot easier to train the muscles we can see versus the ones we must solely lift by feel.  My upper traps are out of control....look like a linebacker.  A good friend came up to me and tapped me on my traps one day and he said "I want some of those".  For the record, even as a personal trainer who loves good muscularity and definition, when a MAN is envious of your traps, that is slightly worrisome.  And guys, never tell a woman you like her football-player-like back muscles....might as well tell her you like her pecs as well....and then pray she doesn't Judo-chop you.

Today's workout:
Wide grip pull-up 4 x 10
Close grip lat pull-back 3 x 10
Bent over BB row 4 x 10
Seated cable row 3 x 10
Rear flys 3 x 12-15
Sit-ups, legs over bench 4 x 15
Leg raises 3 x 15
Oblique crunches on decline 2 x 20

Going to a concert tonight...and this is where competing gets interesting.  The fact is that I have to get in all my meals/calories everyday, no matter what.  Most normal people are sneaking in beer...I will be sneaking in a protein shake and almonds....and if I'm good, I'll even fit a chicken breast in there.  Something about that just seems so wrong...

1 comment:

  1. Meredith, I wish you a great journey over the next 6 months and I will follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete