Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Back to the basics

Where do I begin...
Last night was a long night of interrupted sleep.  I awoke at least 4 times to the sound of my husband hugging the toilet...sick as a dog.  Bless his heart (as we like to say here in the South), something hit his stomach pretty hard.  By the end, I wanted to throw up just from hearing it.  There's a pleasant visual for you!  Anyway, I made it into work...taking my coffee to the face like a shot of JD.  It got me through the first few hours at least...

I knew my workout would be difficult today, and by the end it was a mental struggle.  My body was fatigued and just wanted to sleep.  I had quads and triceps today, and really wanted to focus on getting back to the basics of form and tempo.  Its so easy sometimes to be focused on maximizing the amount of weight you lift, while sacrificing perfect form.  So for my back squats I really tried to feel every inch of the movement, keeping my core engaged, back straight, and going down low enough to make my glutes scream a little.  Overall, it was a great workout day...despite moments of wanting to cry or throw up.  My legs are extremely tired....

Today's workout:
Squats  4 x 10-12
Single leg, leg press  4 x 10 each leg
Back loaded squat jumps  3 x 12
Leg extension (last set drop set to failure)  3 x 10-12
Tricep press on assisted dip machine 3 x 12
Reverse grip tricep extension/ss tricep press-down  4 x 8-10 each

Just ate a nice cup of plain green beans...yum.  I had to add a few veggies to my lunch to hold me over longer...I was getting too hungry by 5.  I would love to add more meat, but my kidneys might explode...and I can't afford a chicken coop in my backyard.  Right now I'm at roughly 215g protein per day.  Some of you don't even get that in 3 days...shame on you!  Protein is your friend...your lover...your building blocks...ok, you get the point.  On that note, I gotta finish my fish before my next client.  The last thing you want is someone in your face telling you to lift an ungodly amount of weight that you don't want to lift, with the smell of fresh cod on their breath....

No comments:

Post a Comment