Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thunder thighs

I think there is definitely something to be said for Sunday being a day of rest.  My body hated me every step of my run today.  I swear my legs weighed 30 extra pounds.  I waited to run until after we got home from church because the weather was absolutely amazing, and well, running at 6am just didn't seem as appealing.  I got through it for sure, but I was panting like a smoker.  I honestly thought it would be easier since I had a nice full day off yesterday, but apparently not.  I might retire from running...

I always find it interesting to know what people think about when  they run.  I hardly notice anything around me...probably not a good thing being that there are cars on the road.  And I am not a fan of the whole "Share the road" thing.  I get it, but honestly if a 2-ton vehicle is headed straight at me, my "share the road" fist-pump isn't exactly going to save me.  Anyway, since committing to the show, I spend most of my time visualizing myself on stage.  Sounds corny, but you have to do it.  If you can't see yourself there, you won't get there.  The remaining 10% of the time I spend thinking about something that fires me up....makes me ill...or out right tempts me to lose my religion.  Seems to get the blood flowing a little better.  A few of you who know me well could easily list off about 7 things right now that fall in that category.  And a couple of you may laugh because your list is strikingly similar....which is why we are friends...

Headed into another week and I'm pretty pumped.  I've got a big workout day ahead of me and lots of bland food to eat...  It hit me the other day that I will be in full-fledge diet mode during Christmas and New Years.  Let's not even talk about it.  I can pretty much pass on most stuff that day except corn pudding and chocolate pie.  No matter how stuffed I am by dinner time, I will eat that mess like I've been in the Sahara Desert for 3 weeks without food.  Might have to come up with plan B this year....like duct taping my mouth shut...or saying something totally offensive so my family actually kicks me out of holiday dinner.  The latter is probably more likely...

On that note, I'm headed to bed...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment