Monday, July 9, 2012

Victory.....and Chafing...

Well, its official.
I made it 4 weeks without chewing gum.
Unbelievable. 
I honestly wasn't sure if I could do it after the first 3 days.  If you recall, I was pretty much ready to punch my best friend and sell my cat during day 2.  Now, I don't really think about it.  Funny how that works.  BUT, it is certainly proof that we can train our bodies out of poor habits and into healthier ones with a little determination and struggle.  Imagine that...
Will I go back?  Eh, probably not.  Which, I curse Zimm for just a little bit because this happened last year during our bet.  I gave up my afternoon coffee for one month and it completely broke me of the habit.  Not going to lie, I've got a stash in the pantry that would give me lockjaw in a matter of minutes, but I have no intention of breaking in there like the gum whore I once was.  I might have to give this whole moderation thing a try ;)  We shall see...
As always Zimm, thank you for the challenge...I have a love/hate relationship with this aspect of "the summer tour"...mainly love.

On the same line of giving-something-up-for-the-sake-of-self-improvement, my girl Lora is now 5 days without coke.  Let me clarify,...not the illegal form.  I just read that first sentence and realized it looked like I train felons.  I might, but I'd rather not know it.  No, I'm talking about the brown, sugar and chemical infested coca-cola.  As a competitive marathon runner, I was blown away to find out she sucks these things down like water. 
I know you are reading this Lora, and so help you God if you drive through McDonald's tomorrow...hard part is nearly over!
5 days sober...very proud.
As for the rest of you sitting there chugging soda and "purple drink", I hope it makes you sick.  Literally.  Its horrible for you.
Wow, I've reached a whole new non-empathetic level tonight...

Great day at work.  Long day. 
I was absolutely pumped to lift heavy again today.  I had back and triceps and then finished with some cardio.  I could tell my body was still a little tired, but I was thrilled to hit the weights hard.  Shocker.

I made the mistake of wearing pants to work today.
I don't know what I was thinking.  I was sweating profusely by the afternoon, and even standing in front of a fan was very little relief.  I wanted shorts....while standing over a vent....blasting on high...nearly giving me frostbite.
For those of you who don't sweat and merely "glow", I don't like you.  My pits don't like you.  I watch you people and wonder how in the world your sweat glands are that dysfunctional.  Bottom line: I am slightly envious.
In the meantime, I will stick to my deodorant and my non-dri-fit dri-fit shirts and wait until Mother Nature is not so pissed off as to leave us all with 2nd degree burns and horrible chafing scars.

Monday DONE...rest up, new day tomorrow folks!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats yet again on another personal challenge victory! Always glad we can continue our summer tradition even if it means we struggle along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me laugh, thanks! Just for the record-- NO, I did not go through McDonald's today and I will NOT tomorrow either. :) I'm actually pretty happy with how I've felt the past few days and that helps me stick with it. I know I depend on that sugar/caffeine rush to get me through the afternoon/evening events with all the kids....Lord knows I need something, but I think I'm due for another iron infusion next month, so perhaps that will do the trick. :)

    Thanks for the workout today, always great struggling through it! I went for a relaxed 3 mile run to try and work out the quad pain, didn't help a whole lot, but eating 4 bugs increased my protein intake for the day. All good.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 bugs....nice. Yes, more protein! Glad you had a great lift,...keep rolling those quads and kudos for the soda-detox! Seriously, I am proud :)

      Delete