Monday, July 30, 2012

Confessions and Bedhead

I look like I got in a fight with Monday,...and lost.
After work I got in the car, adjusted the mirror, caught a glimpse of myself, and immediately felt sorry for my last 3 clients.
Long day to say the least.
One day I might just shock the hell out of everyone, roll out of bed and head straight to work.  For the record, I hate it when people do that.  Not to say you need to spend 2 hours prepping, but my God no one looks remotely decent first thing in the morning. 
However, if we were realistic, marriage ceremonies would occur at 6am with a 5:58 wake-up call.  That way everyone has a fair glimpse into "til death do you part."  And at that point if you don't want to gnaw off your arm, go for it.  Between my early morning positivity (HA) and I-appear-hungover-but-never-actually-drank-yesterday look, Ryan would have faked an aneurysm.    

Overall, it was a great day and I can't complain.
I started with 2 new clients and had all my regulars in for their standard Monday sweat session.  Apparently, quite a few beers were downed this weekend.  Its funny how some people will walk in and immediately confess their "nutrition sins" without me hardly getting to say hello.  And then there's a select few who confess other weekend sins, assuming I have no line of decency whatsoever.  Fairly accurate assumption, but some days its amazing my ears do not bleed.

Workout today was solid.
I started off strong and then Garrett throws on his make-out music and I couldn't take myself seriously anymore.  I give him the look, and he fires back with "But this is Juvenile, come on Mer!!"  So there we were...he's throwing around weights like ragdolls, and I'm being smothered by songs that painfully remind me of frat parties and other unfortunate decisions from 2002.  Horrible. 

I need more sleep tonight.
I made the mistake of calling my mom last night once I was in bed.  2 questions = 35 minute conversation.  She tests the limits of available oxygen in one room.  I can't complain,....she puts up with me.  Perhaps she has to, but I'm old enough to realize that that's not necessarily true either.  Thank you mom.
You deserve a trophy.
And compensation.

Ok, time for bed.  Hope today was a success...Tuesday is on its way.  Make it great.

No comments:

Post a Comment