Monday, July 23, 2012

Make-out Music and Self-diagnosing

Today definitely felt like a Monday.  Long.
I woke up pretty charged and ready to roll, but by the time I needed to throw on some bikers and start my workout, my eyes were watering.  It was ridiculous.

Our Monday-meathead-hour is always interesting.  Garrett and I get going on our own routines and generally throw on some rap station using Pandora.  Today I needed lyrics practically busting my eardrums, so I opted for the 'ol ipod.  I forgo the arm-strap and just slide that thing in my sports bra.  Its fine.  There's plenty of room.
When it was time for my cardio I considered just going back to Pandora and retiring the pod.  That idea lasted all of 5 seconds when I realized Garrett went all 2002-make-out-remix on me.  Its the oddest thing...he loves to workout to music that 99% of the population would rather get naked to.  So it was back to the headphones.  I swear one day I'm going to look over and find that kid making a Magic Mike sequel in front of the mirror and I'm going to have to fire him.
Clarification:...Post on the internet, then fire him.

Overall it was a good day.
I had a young lady ask me today how many calories she should be eating per day.  She's under 18 and needs to shed a few pounds.  She said she got on the internet (which always makes me whence a little bit), and one site said 2200, another 1800, and another 1100.  Ah!  1100?  No, never...not unless you're an inactive midget.  I'm so glad she asked because it absolutely kills me how much misleading information is out there. 
It ranks up there with the internet self-diagnosing.  You type in symptoms and then all of a sudden you either have the common cold or full blown AIDS.  
Thankfully, we got everything square by the time she left....no 1100 calories...no magic cleanse....no diseases...check and check.

After I throw this chicken breast in the fridge I am headed to bed.  I need to practice my yoga pose.  I call it fetal position and have pretty much mastered it.
Have a lovely evening folks.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit I'm glad I don't know Garrett or what he looks like only because every time I had to face him I'd be seeing him do a Magic Mike routine to "let's get it on." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...yeah, its pretty amusing. But hey, if you can dominate a workout to that music without getting all hot and bothered, more power to you!

    ReplyDelete