Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Take It Off

The chicken I just cooked is unbelievable.  Its just chicken, I realize, but its the simple things in life like perfectly cooked poultry that one must learn to appreciate.  Right now, I am on a meat-high.  I've got my jazz music rolling and I am in my own little world....just me....chicken...salad...and Oscar, who is currently bathing questionable body parts in the middle of the kitchen.  Sort of fitting for this household honestly.  I wonder if he ever looks down and thinks "dang,...something is missing...hmmm...."

If I had a dollar for every male nipple I saw today I could make it rain on my entire cul-de-sac.  Apparently there was a shirt-less memo that went around this morning that I missed.  I saw more male chests and abs than I seen since spring break '02.  Every time I turned around someone had their shirt off....Brian...Garrett...Tyler...Zimm....Patrick....
Show me a line up of navels and I could correctly identify each of them.  Wow, my life just reached a new low.

Workout was awesome today.  I had shoulders and core.  It was a brutal shoulder circuit, and I was shocked at how much energy I had even through the cardio.  Gotta love days like that.

Well, it was a solid day with clients and I was thrilled to hear that several people were truly getting back on track in regards to food/nutrition.  Yes, vacation can set you back a couple of weeks if you're not careful, but why keep in that downward spiral?  Ask yourself this....Where am I headed with this?  If you're eating poorly, not exercising, and putting on weight, guess what?  You're headed for more of the same, which will only produce further discouragement.  Suck it up, accept where you are now, and commit to move forward.  If you're waiting for it to get easy, it won't.  If you're waiting for someone to push you, they may not.  Take responsibility for your own health and be bold enough to spark change.
That's my moment-of-passion for the evening ;)

Its 9pm and I have so much to do before hump day.  Make it a great one.  Keep moving forward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment