Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What the ???

Its Wednesday.
Hump day.
Groundhog Day.
Beat-you-while-you're-down-and-make-you-cry-for-mama Day.

Wednesdays always seem long.  I honestly thought today would be a semi-normal day...well, if there is such a thing for us at the gym.  We are a dysfunctional family who gives tough love to willing and unwilling recipients...sounds great, I know.
Brian flowed in the gym today looking about as sick as I've seen him in several days and 2 hours later he's on his way to the ER.  Really?!  2 weeks ago he's working out shirtless like this is MTV spring break and now he's short of breath and on his way to the hospital.  Turns out that he has pneumonia.  Yes, I had to use spell check for that.  What a crazy day.  I seriously hope he LAYS IN BED AND ACTUALLY RESTS...yes, that is a hint to you Brian.  Eat some meat, go crazy, it will be good for you...

All I had for workout today was cardio, so I decided to do TABATA intervals with plyometrics, agility, and core exercises.  It was 30 minutes of beating but it was great to sweat and relieve some stress.  My legs are pretty shot after yesterdays quad workout combined with tabata overload today.  You know your legs are sore when you try to limit your bathroom trips simply because its one less squat.  Story of my life.

I had a lady come in tonight who just got 18 staples removed from her foot, in a cast from the knee down, and still wanted to workout.  Umm...dedication.  We blasted out some upper-body and core exercises, and I was truly impressed with her effort and outlook on the whole thing.  Amazing how people who have NO limitations/injuries find every excuse in the book not to workout, and yet here's someone extremely limited but sees no excuse not to get in the gym.  Thata girl.  Once again, I left work inspired.

Ready for some Modern Family and then some sweet rest.
Thursday awaits folks.  Don't just go through the motions,...LIVE IT!!
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. They obtain their stomach a major trouble spot, the reason that they all appeal to particular abdominal exercise and fitness trainings that can aid strengthen and tone their abdominal muscles.

    ReplyDelete