Monday, February 20, 2012

"...eee i eee i ooooo"

Oh Monday, you are like a bad rash...

I was completely thrown off my schedule this morning since I went into work later due to the weather.  I would not have thought anything of it except I skidded yesterday about 40yds through a stop sign and into a cement median....sooo I was a little apprehensive about trying to get to work by 5:30.  Some of you roll your eyes and that's fine,...apparently you are God's gift to driving in bad weather.  Congratulations.

Nonetheless, my day got off to an unusual start and then it was to the grind.  I felt a little out of sorts, and then it was time for my workout.  Awesome day to forget my biker shorts.  Ugh.  I jump in the car and head to TJMaxx to grab a pair.  This is how well I know that store....
They constantly screw up the NIKE PRO compression shorts and put the womens with the men's underwear, so that's where I headed.  I was in and out of that store in 7 minutes with bikers in hand.  The only bad thing was that they do not carry the typical 5" inseam shorts that I buy.  Nope, had to go with the 2.  It was high school volleyball season all over again...but with a greater "landscape" to cover.  Dear Lord...doing sprints was no longer the G-rated version.  I had glutes flying all over the place.  For the record, I am grateful for the extra 3 inches.

I had shoulders/biceps and sprints.  Great workout...everything felt a little heavier than normal, but overall I was pleased.

Sooo...a quick recap of my weekend with my sidekick.  Payton and I had an amazing time...shopping...baking cookies....playing...eating fro-yo...waking up at 3am....ya know, the usual.  I nearly lost my voice singing The Wheels on the Bus and Old McDonald in the car.  Apparently, its not a concert...I was on a roll, what can I say...
Yes, I was exhausted by Sunday but definitely worth it....I already miss her...
And finding raisins, animal crackers, and grapes in my backseat has been like a weird treasure hunt...without the hunt...stuff just keeps showing up...


Well, Monday is in the books and Tuesday awaits...
Time for some shut-eye, night!

No comments:

Post a Comment