Friday, February 17, 2012

Starting the morning off RIGHT

Ah yes, Friday.
I slept in until 5:50...highlight of my day thus far.  Well that, and the protein pancakes I made.  They were pretty much perfection.  I am easily pleased, what can I say.
I've already had several people ask me for the recipe, so here it is:

1/2 cup oatmeal
6 egg whites
2 tsp vanilla
1 packet stevia
dash of salt
cinnamon (I don't measure it, sorry)

*if you want to make them pumpkin flavor (which is unbelievably good), add 2 spoon fulls of canned pumpkin, a dash of nutmeg, and pumpkin spice

1. Whisk everything together until you get carpol tunnel or start to break a sweat.
2. Put skillet on medium heat and be sure to use spray oil/olive oil to prevent sticking (they will stick pretty bad if not because they are so lean)...you'll also need to turn the skillet down after each pancake if cooking them individually
3. Whisk batter before pouring each pancake so the oats do not settle at the bottom.
4. I top them with sugar free syrup, but peanut butter is also A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, and it suddenly becomes an almost-better-than-sex breakfast.
Your welcome.


I could eat 3 more....ok 5.  This is probably my favorite breakfast recipe.  Hope you enjoy...some people add mashed banana to the batter for a little different flavor.  Get creative.

Well, its shoulder/hamstring day.  Thankfully, my legs feel good and ready to roll, so we'll see how this goes.
I had someone ask me about how your weight training routine should change while dieting.  It shouldn't.  What BUILDS muscle, also MAINTAINS it.  Muscle provides the shape to your body when you drop body fat.  So you want to maintain the muscle you've worked hard to build when you start to drop calories.  Truth is, if you're lifting heavy (to failure) AND in a caloric deficit great enough to promote fat loss, you can't really build additional muscle.  This phenomenon might occur during the first 6-8 weeks for people who have NEVER worked out before or never seriously anyway.  But after that, the more in-shape you become, the more you are fighting to bust plateaus and go through waves of building muscle, losing fat, and then maintaining.
With all that said, its important to continue to lift heavy while dieting.  The high rep (20+), low weight stuff is for the birds. 

On that note, I've got some laundry to fold, a workout to write up, and then get my mind right for Miss Payton.  My niece is staying with us tonight and we're going to party like its 1999....and then be in bed by 8.  Ha.  Not sure who will fall asleep first, me or a 2 1/2 year old...
I am pumped though :)

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I'll definitely be making these in the near future.

    I hope you had fun Friday night! My bets were on you to fall asleep first. That's usually how it is in our house... ;)

    ReplyDelete