Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pole dancing and meatballs...

Looks like winter finally decided to show up.  Its cold, windy, and pretty much a rude awakening when you walk outside.  I just got home from grocery shopping and I literally got tangled in my hair walking from my car.  Its all fun and games until you catch a few strands in the eye...

Physically, I am drained.  I took one client this morning before teaching hip-hop and then got on the treadmill to top off my Saturday-cardio-extravaganza.  Let's be honest, the dancing was more fun.  Speaking of, its funny how these cardio-pole-dancing classes are popping up everywhere.  I have no doubt its a workout, buuuut I can't take myself seriously trying to "make it rain" while simultaneously trying to avoid a busted hip.  And somehow wearing knee pads and a helmet just doesn't seem appropriate.

Needless to say, it was a great morning, great class, and my body is now in much need of REST.  Tomorrow is my day off, but I might need to throw some stretching in there...I've got a knot the size of a golf ball in my rear.  Nice visual, huh?  You get the point, its tight.

I'm getting ready to make my turkey meatballs for the week.  I absolutely love these things and they are super healthy.  Here's the recipe:

1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 egg whites
whatever spices...I use Italian seasoning, garlic/parsley, sea salt, and a dash of oregano

1. Mix everything together and roll into 1.5" balls (makes 12)
2. Place in baking dish and cover with foil
3. Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes (depends how hot your oven is)

I throw a little bit of avocado on mine when I eat them.  Don't ask,...I eat weird combos all the time.
They break down to roughly 55 calories per meatball...can't beat that.

Well, I've got a quiet weekend planned...sort of.  A couple of family events, the usual OCD cleaning fix, and then its back to the grind on Monday.

Enjoy your Saturday, get some much needed rest, and make HEALTH a priority!

1 comment:

  1. The combination of pole dancing + helmets and knee pads seems like a bit of an oxymoron, but I now have a good visual in my that's making me laugh. I hate that I'm missing your hip-hop classes, but given the last two Saturdays of Jazzercise I've barely been able to crawl out the door much less walk. Yeah I know - the first thing that pops into people's head is, "How is that a workout?" I guess it's kind of like dance classes - you get out of it what you put into it. :)

    The turkey meatballs sound good!! I wonder if I could get Chloe to eat some...? It's worth a try.

    I hope you got some much-needed rest (and sleep!) this weekend!

    ReplyDelete