Saturday, February 4, 2012

Hip to the Hop

Saturday morning and I just woke from a 9 hour slumber.  I probably could have slept longer except my obese cat was whining at the foot of the bed and looking at me like I was a handy snack.  He's ridiculous.  Not going to lie though, I was ready for some coffee myself.  Like a moth to a flame baby!

It's 7:45 and I'm on cup number 3...getting my mind right for hip-hop class this morning.  My hamstrings are incredibly tight after yesterday's workout so this will be interesting.  The routine today will be to Rihanna's Breakn' Dishes.  A few years old, but a great beat and we'll rock out like its midnight at a club (after 1am the dancing gets a little questionable....they might be moving, but not realize they're moving).  Its fine, we get it.  I am pumped about class.  I absolutely LOVE teaching hip-hop.  Its edgy, I get to be creative, and it helps people break out of their shell a little bit.  After the warm-up and a few hip rolls, its game time! 

Yesterday's workout ended up being more brutal than I'd expected.  I had hamstrings and shoulders.  Washing my hair is now a chore...just having to hold my arms over my head is exhausting.  It was a great burn yesterday, and now its like a workout-hangover.  I have a feeling that I'll be feeling it tomorrow as well.  I spent about an hour revamping my diet yesterday.  Got to tighten things back up and make a few adjustments here and there.  I've started incorporating some greek yogurt, but I am not a huge fan of the taste.  It is sooo sour!  Excellent protein source and I love that it only has 1-2 ingredients, but my God I have to scarf it down.  The texture freaks me out.  I like a ton of stuff all mixed together with a variety of textures, which is probably why I love salads and my weird concoctions.  But plain yogurt is just gross to me.  Is that odd??

I went to the mall yesterday to meet up with a friend for coffee and got my fix of people-watching.  Its like a second hobby of mine.  My favorite location is the airport....there are a ton of people - tired, stressed, excited, happy, sad, rushed,...its great.  The best is the dad carrying the Dora the Explorer back pack in one hand, coffee mug in the other, and slowly losing his mind as he tries to keep up with his 3 daughters and wife.  He is literally drowning in estrogen and dealing with the stress of figuring out how to entertain these divas for the next 5 hour plane ride.  Truth is, he no longer cares if his neighboring passengers are annoyed with crayons, travel games, or even their whining....he just wants to arrive with a hint of sanity left.  What a site.  I love it.
Nonetheless, the mall was a great way to get my people-scoping fix.  AND I was able to enjoy the company of a friend.  Win/win.

Well, its breakfast time and then I've got to polish off my moves for class.  Here we gooo!!  Happy weekend folks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment