Sunday, February 26, 2012

Breaking out the blender...

Ah yes, hello Sunday.
I was able to sleep in (almost made it all the way to 7am), and then it was straight to the kitchen for my weekly food prep.  It takes about 2 hours, but covers my daily meals Monday-Thursday.  I boil eggs, bake chicken, make turkey meatballs, cut avocado, cook brussel sprouts, and prepare my husband's dinner for the next couple of nights while I'm knee deep in food.  Sounds crazy to some, but think about how much time you spend everyday in the kitchen trying to make dinner/lunches/snacks etc...I just manage to consolidate mine to a couple hours on Sunday morning.  Honestly, I'd be fine if I never had to peel another egg.  My kitchen smells strange, and I keep Tupperware in business.

My cold is still making breathing hard and my eyes have been watering all day.  So naturally, I decided to hit a 6 mile run while I was feeling like crap and it was 45 degrees outside.  I don't know what I was thinking...but I made it and had Ryan help stretch me when I was done.  My hamstrings and glutes are more sore than they've been in months and sitting on the toilet is inconvenient to the whole situation.  I'm practically dehydrated trying to avoid it...perhaps not the best strategy. 
The rest of the day is a blur...I am exhausted and have napped a couple of times.  Once while watching The Lion King.  Hello 1994....where are my Keds?  Those were the days...

I'm not really in the mood for solid food for dinner.  Looks like its going to be a protein shake kind of night.  I've pretty much mastered that art....chocolate protein powder, ice, milk, agave nectar, cocoa powder and peanut butter.  Mmmm....protein overload.  My kidneys are crying just thinking about it. 

New week ahead folks.
Grab it by the horns.
No excuses.
New opportunities.
Go get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment