Thursday, February 9, 2012

Crying shins...

It's 8:30 on Thursday night and the energy it would require right now to get out of this chair is more than I can muster.  I am exhausted.  Its the reoccurring theme of my life right now, and my mom would shake her head at me and tell me I need more balance.  Yes, I know.  I also haven't washed my hair in a few days...congrats mom, you raised an unsanitary child. 
I have bags under my eyes, and most days I can fall asleep at a stop light on my way home if I didn't have music blaring in my ear.  Its my own mini-concert in which my ear drums suffer but at least I'm awake.

Today was a good day, but I honestly was not looking forward to my entire workout.  It was going to be long....and by Thursday, my body is sore, tired, and generally hurting in places that should never hurt.  I had back, core, and high intensity intervals to follow.  2 hours later I was on the roller trying to gather enough energy to get my sweaty rear in the shower.  I could have stayed on the floor. 
Instead of sprints today, I had to get on the eliptical....stupid shin splints.  There was no way I could sprint today, do my cardio tomorrow, and then teach hip-hop Saturday morning.  I had to take one for the team and get on the college-girls-machine-of-choice.  Boooo.  I say that because every time I'd go in the gym at Elon it was like a sorority convention on the elipticals.  Not much problem-solving going on there...
Another workout in the books.  I finished with 20 minutes of intervals and then 20 minutes walking at incline 11.  My legs were done.

I'm looking forward to sleeping in until 6am tomorrow.  I just realized how ridiculous that sounds....I'm like a 70 year old...minus the need to use butt-pads to fill out my pants.  Got that pretty much covered...

Well, I'm done for the night.  Friday awaits folks...get on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment