Monday, October 1, 2012

Busting a Move....and Possibly a Hip

What a day.  What a weekend.
Its amazing that I can even call myself a thriving 29 year old.  It was a ladies-weekend for my soon to be sister-in-law, and my ability to stay up past midnight and remotely operate like a decent human being was quickly a fail in all aspects of the attempt.  I fought it like a bad rash the first night and made it to 10:47.  Horrible. 
My inner party girl has been in a coma since the latter part of 2002.  And while my liver may thank me, my friends expect very little from my post-9pm self. 
I completely get it and apologize to all witnesses.  My prime is from roughly 7am until 7:45...a short, yet enthusiastic and exciting 45 minutes...

Honestly though, it was a great weekend with Jan and her friends.  There were lots of laughs and I was able to work on my dance moves for the wedding.  We went to a local restaurant/bar Saturday night and I'm not sure which was better, the highly intoxicated woman singing karaoke to "Lady in Red" or the couple nearly busting a hip while shagging to Vanilla Ice.  Their shag was legit, and honestly made any fancy attempt at the Wobble look like child's play.
But no, it didn't stop this train from rolling.
To be honest I had no intentions of dancing that night,...I was perfectly content people watching and justifying any decision I've ever made in a bar based on my observations.  Always good for a little pick-me-up.
BUT, when the bride-to-be points at you and directs you to the dance floor, you get up and gyrate like your life depends on it.

....great experience with the future Mrs. Parker....3 weeks until the big day!





Getting back in the gym today was good, and I was ready to light a fire under some of my clients' backsides.  We all need a little heat back there every now and then.  I swear some Mondays I need to give a sobriety test to a select few....you know who you are.  Stop it.  Your liver hates you. 

Personally, my workout today went better than expected. 
Even though I was coming off of a full day of rest, I felt stiff and sort of out-of-rhythm by the time I had to strap into the spandex.  It was a mind over matter issue today.  But now its done,....thankfully.

On a closing note...
My drive home never ceases to amaze me. 
After 6pm, I swear our street morphs into the Chuck-E-Cheese ball pit.  Kids everywhere.  Its unbelievable.  And no matter how slow you drive through the kid-infested area, everyone around you makes you feel like you're going 60mph.  They stare as if your car was constructed by the Devil himself.  And out of sheer panic you double check your speedometer time and time again as if convinced that the apparent "12mph" is a lie and in fact, you are actually going 60 as predicted. 
Its exhausting.
My favorite is the sign "Drive Slowly, We Love Our Children."  Basically saying that if your neighborhood does not have this sign, you hate your kids and are therefore a horrible person.  Unbelievable.

Ok, its seriously bedtime.  Monday done.  Here we go Tuesday...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you had some great hip-hop dance moves to show off to the crowd. :) Hope everything is going well!
    -TZ

    ReplyDelete