Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Blame the Astro...

A total of 32 ounces of coffee before 9am.
I have nothing to say for myself except that I loved every minute of it.
I knew it was going to be one of those strap-your-mouth-to-the-travel-mug kind of mornings when I woke up face down in my pillow freezing and uncertain what day it was or where I was for that matter.  Thus, I grabbed life by the horns, thumbs, and any other available body part, and saddled in for a long day...
Ironically, (or not), my day ended with me losing my mind to an Astro van in the middle of the Lowes Foods parking lot.  It was after 3pm,...Mildred could have been intoxicated...which would be the only explanation of her blind-man-like driving skills.
Fittingly, I learned to drive in an Astro van.
Thank you mom.
Child abuse.

Today's workout ended up kicking me in the rear....hard.
Due to my schedule tomorrow and Thursday, I had to fit in more lifting than usual, and at the 60 minute mark, and 32 sets later, I was nowhere near done and completely drained.  At those moments, I don't want to talk, I don't want encouragement, I just muster up every ounce of aggression I have, get borderline pissed off, and just finish.  I can't explain it.  Its simply how I operate.  The whole positive-self-talk does not exist for me during my 5th set of lunge jumps...or on the first for that matter.
Needless to say, it was a long but GOOD workout.
I was glad to be done.

Well, tomorrow is Halloween.
I've never been crazy about the holiday, but I will dress up with the best of them.  I was scrolling through some pictures and found this from junior year of college....remember Lara Croft Tomb Raider?...


That costume cost me exactly 2 dollars.
Sadly, I already owned every piece (including the black electrical tape), except for the water guns.  Dollar store investment.  Zero to badass for 2 bucks.  Those were the days...

Tomorrow afternoon I will be dressed up, yes, and pictures will come soon...

Well, folks, have a great night, safe Halloween, and if you choose to eat an absurd amount of candy I have no sympathy for your stomach ache and meth-addict-like teeth.  Hope its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment