Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Locked Out.

There are some days when I am made well aware that despite my OCD tendencies to be organized and well prepared, life will still kick me in the crotch.
Its 9pm and I just sat down for dinner.
The events of the last 3 hours leave me laughing simply because to cry and whine about it pointless, and it truly was comical...

I pulled into the driveway at 6:15.
Unloading the car and making my way to the front door, it suddenly dawns on me that I do not have a key...
Jordan has my key....my garage opener was in my car...which was in Raleigh with Ryan...and the only neighbors with a key were, of course, not home.  Awesome.
I call my parents to meet them halfway and get theirs,...so ~13 miles later I'm parked at a BP station waiting like an idiot for a copy of my own house key.
Sparkles and her side kick come rolling up happy as ever, (shocker), and dad proudly walks up with 2 sets of keys. 
I looked down and laughed.  There was no telling what those keys went to, but none of them were to my house.
Sparkles is still smiling.
I would have lost it right there 3 feet from a gas pump, but the way I envisioned my next meltdown had nothing to do with leaded/unleaded.  Plan C....or D...I lost count at this point.
I call my neighbor to see when he'll be home.  15 minutes.  Awesome.  I kiss the unhelpful couple goodbye, (although I am extremely grateful for their efforts), and head back home.
By this time I am exhausted and practically kicking myself for this entire mess.
Nonetheless, I get home and walk over to my neighbors house...
I am greeted by 2 adorable wide-eyed kids who had more energy than I've mustered up in the last 72 hours combined. 
Its now 7:30 and my mission to actually get into my house has yet to be accomplished.
As I'm standing there chatting, the next thing I know a 3 year old is licking my thigh.  At that point I simply resign myself to any notion that my Wednesday will be remotely normal.
"Don't worry about him, he thinks he's a dog."
Sweet.
I just stand there...fully prepared for him to sniff my rear and pop a squat to complete the entire I'm-a-dog experience.
...Somehow I knew my day would end like this....exhausted...with saliva on my leg.


I am pooped.
Glad to be in my house (thank you David/Jennie!).
And on that note, I probably need to hit the bed and prepare for whatever Thursday has to offer.
Here we go...



1 comment: