Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Top Chef Mess

I look like I just bathed in egg whites.  Which, I probably would not be opposed to who are we kidding?  But seriously, I was craving an omelet for dinner since I'd met my chicken quota by 4pm and couldn't handle the smell of salmon tonight.  So there I am halfway through,...and just to let you get a true picture of this, I like to eat my omelets open-faced, so I literally have to flip the entire 7 egg whites like an enormous pancake. 
Well, I got a little cocky.
Note to self:  Never get cocky in the kitchen.
I prepare for the flip and forget to actually move my body away from the flying chicks-that-never-were.  2 seconds later my chest is literally covered in egg white juice.   
Not gonna lie, I was slightly grossed out....and mad I wasted precious grams of protein on my attempt to win top chef in my own damn house.
Pretty sure I lost.

Nonetheless, here was my protein-packed dinner..
That is broccoli, cottage cheese, and a little Parmesan on top. 
It was a breakfast-dinner party in my mouth. 
No, I don't understand my fetish with mixing random foods together, but I like it so it needs no explanation. 
Just say a prayer for my kidneys processing all that protein...

Great day with clients today, but people (including myself) were d-r-a-g-g-i-n-g.  Apparently everyone went to bed late, slept horribly, and then woke up to face the day in a coma-like state.  But honestly, I was right there in that same boat.
My head was on the desk at 1:00 praying time would slow down and allow me a few minutes of sleep before I was tempted to whine about it.  And I would.  I struggled once again through my workout, and the thought of going through the effort to actually shower was horrible.  If I thought I could stand the smell of myself for the next 6 hours I would have said forget it.
You know you're tired when you justify compromising personal hygiene. 
I think about it at least twice a week.

On a side note, October 15th 2012...marks a big day in the life of Sparkles. 
I get a call last night.
Mom discovered "Wingdings" in Microsoft Word.
You would have thought the woman struck oil.  97% chance I will receive an email within the next 48 hours that will look like hieroglyphics.
Unbelievable.

Time to get ready to watch this debate.  Give me approximately 9 minutes into it and I'll have a mini-meltdown in my living room.  No, I don't really get into politics, but I do get irritated with wasted oxygen...

Go green.  





No comments:

Post a Comment