Friday, October 12, 2012

Flossing Fool

Friday morning.
Up and scrubbing toilets at 5:30.  I've stopped trying to understand it...I just roll with it.

This week has been tiring, but good.
First, let me address the 'ol trip to the dentist on Wednesday.  For the record, I've always hated people poking around in my mouth with instruments considered weapons on a plane.  Not a fan.  So you can imagine my excitement walking in there knowing I had a cavity.  I could feel it.
Well, apparently I've been chewing rock candy in between workouts.
4 cavities.
My mouth is rotting.
I nearly cursed right there in the chair....except I had 2 hands, a mirror, and a mini-vacuum hose in my mouth...
Ridiculous.

They took care of the worst one, and I have to come back in 6 months to fix the other 3.  At the rate I'm going, I'll have 2 more and a case of gum disease when I return.  I left with a numb mouth and needed to be in a meeting in 2 hours.
Yes, I walked into that meeting speaking from the left side of my mouth.  I had to apologize to the man just in case he was wondering why a 29 year old was talking like a stroke patient.  Thankfully, the Novocaine wore off about 20 minutes into our discussion.  I managed to avoid drooling on myself,...not to say I didn't feel it coming though.

Ugh,...6 months before more oral torture.  Boo.

Speaking of check-ups, a client said he went in for a doctor's visit this past week and it was the best report he's had in YEARS.  I was so excited for him.  At some point everyone has to realize that fitness and working out is more about overall health than just looking better naked (although a great incentive).  At whatever age, you want to be the healthiest version of YOU possible.  Period. 
He was thrilled and ready to roll into yesterday's workout.  May my day.

Well, time to get this show on the road.
Friday is going to be a busy day and then some much needed time with friends tonight.
Make it a great one folks!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I feel your pain!!!! I'd rather go to the gyno than the dentist, rather run 500 miles than visit the dentist, rather eat a pile of night crawlers than see the dentist....get my drift? I didn't even get a cleaning for over 19 yrs......yep, pretty much needed to drug me out if you wanted to get me in that chair. I feel your pain, believe me I do!! This is my second year of cleanings since high school! How crazy is that?! If you need me to hold your hand at your next appt, I'd do for you (I may have to close my eyes, but I'll do it!) You're much braver than I. :)

    ReplyDelete