Friday, October 19, 2012

Parker Additions...

With every intention of sleeping until 6, I've been up since 4:52.  It gets ridiculous.  I've scrubbed my kitchen and cleaned the hardwoods, paid bills, and am now sitting down before heading to the gym.
It finally hit me this morning that my little brother is getting married in less than 48 hours.
Talk about a mini-meltdown.
I've cried numerous times, and I'm about 3 tears away from a serious state of dehydration.  I've got to get myself together before my toast tonight.  I'm not a pretty crier.  I will ball with the best of them, fail to breath during the whole thing, and potentially pass out.  It won't end well.  So at this point I'm not so much worried about saying something inappropriate (my mom's fear), as I am getting lost in a pool of tears as I think about the entire dating-of-tool-bags journey he's been on to get to this point.
That thought alone makes me shed a few more tears. 
To say that I've been protective of my little brother is an understatement. 
But we are SO excited for this weekend,...and I truly cannot wait to stand up there with him in front of hundreds of people as he says his vows, try to keep a straight face, and pray my A-cups can keep my dress in place.

Starting with a Bridal Luncheon, I feel like I will eat my way through this weekend...
No, I am not a huge fan of meal after meal being prepared by someone other than myself (shocker), but for the most part I can find fresh options and Sunday will be a nice return to the typical routine. 
I have a feeling that morning I will be exhausted and sore from busting a move the night before.  Not sure how I'm gonna pull off some of my go-to moves in that dress, but its gonna happen one way or another.  Brace yourself folks...

Well, I'm already sweating from my coffee...WHICH I received from a client yesterday!  Thank you Susie for fueling the addiction!  Giving me coffee is like giving Sheen a shot glass.  But I will never turn away the gift of freshly ground beans :)

 Onto my day...and an eventful weekend.  Here's to Jordan and Jan!  We love you and are truly thrilled to be adding to this nut-infested family tree...





2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's going to be a very eventful weekend! I hope your toast and the wedding all go well. I'm sure it will be great! I look forward to reading and hearing all about it! Have fun!

    -TZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your brother! I look forward to hearing about it...I'm sure you'll have lots of good stuff to say. I'm curious to know if you managed to sleep past 5am this morning ;)

    ReplyDelete