Monday, October 8, 2012

Pre-wedding Smack Down

I'm currently still at the gym watching my little brother lift less weight than me.
This is great.  Ha.
He tells me last night he wants to come workout for the sake of his honeymoon....which is in 2 weeks.  I have no sympathy for procrastinators.  Sorry Jan, I am not a miracle worker.  Just turn off the lights and pray for the best.

In an attempt to get an action shot, it looks more like he's about to hurl, pass-out, or both.  Thank you blackberry for having the camera-reflexes of a stoned walrus.


Another great Monday.
I was ready to roll this morning despite getting less sleep than planned.  And being that Mother Nature decided to punk-slap everyone today, it was a mind over matter kind of morning.  One day its 80....the next its 70...and the next its 50, rainy, and you're curled up in fetal position on the floor.  Unbelievable.

For the most part everyone was right on point today.  Complaining was to a minimum, which is always a plus.  Not that it really bothers me to be honest.  Whine, complain, moan, whatever...just get it done.  I'm always amazed by how many people think something's wrong if they don't enjoy every aspect of training.  I say there's something wrong if you do. 
Keep pushing.

My own workout today was a good one.  I was pretty much on a mission to slaughter my arms and evidently succeeded because brushing my hair afterward took way too much effort.
I was tempted to opt for the my-hair-is-disgusting-and-I-stopped-caring look. 
Check Facebook.
Some folks should win an award for their efforts, or lack there of, in this department.
No judgment.  Right now I look like I got in a fight with myself...and lost.

Ok, I'm spent.  A few more emails to send and then I'm hitting the bed.  Here we go Tuesday....


No comments:

Post a Comment