Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Meat Department Math Magician

First time in awhile that I've sat down for dinner before 8.
I've got fish, squash, and some jazz music.
This is my life.
Try not to be envious.

I went to the store and told the guy I wanted a 5oz cut of salmon.
He cuts a piece, places it on the scale and it reads 0.69lb and asks "Is that close enough?"  I'm no math major, but wow, not even close.  And this is why you don't facilitate prescription drug dosage.  You would have just killed someone.
Just bag it.  I'll grab 5 loaves on the way out and have my own reenactment of Jesus feeding the multitude.
Thanks.

Magic Mike was released on DVD today, and I am ashamed to report that I did not obtain a copy.  Yes, I failed at my main Tuesday goal.  Unbelievable.
With extended scenes and a duo blue ray/dvd pack, I should have been waiting at the door before dawn.
Tomorrow...

I knew my workout today was going to be brutal.  I was exhausted, and had to hit shoulders, glutes, and biceps in one day.  Might as well punch me in the throat.  It was a loooong 90 minutes to say the least, but for whatever reason I often find I had some of my best workouts when I'm tired.  No, this isn't always the case, but it happens at least once a week.  I think part of it is the fact that I am forced to work that much harder to focus and push, so I leave no room for wasting time or energy dreading it.  Hey, you got to go with whatever works.  Half the battle is starting.  And boy was I glad to be done.
Tomorrow is just cardio and core.  Actually looking forward to it....write that down...

I had quite a few people mention the Lance post yesterday.
Many people questioned what was "true athletic ability" and what was "result of doping".  There is no denying his athletic ability.  Drugs/doping cannot make you an athlete.  Period.  You can't inject steroids into a 300lb lineman, and suddenly expect him to have the speed and agility of a cornerback.  Not going to happen.  Drugs and any form of "doping" for athletic purposes is more about recovery and a muscle's capacity to grow and endure high training volumes.  The quicker you can recover, the more you can train, the stronger you get, and the cycle continues....every pun intended.

I think what should be more upsetting than a professional athlete's choice to engage in such practices (and then deny it), is the fact that we constantly elevate them to an untouchable status.  What I mean is, we will not only justify their actions on one hand to ultimately fulfill this ideal image we've created to admire and aspire to, but on the other hand we will burn them at the stake for decisions we mistakenly thought they were never capable of.
On many levels its a little twisted.

On that note its time for some shut-eye.  Hope everyone has a productive hump day ahead of them.  Night folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment