Friday, October 26, 2012

Way Too Early...

6:30am.  I've been up for 3 hours.  Ridiculous.
I was completely exhausted last night and the thought of sleeping in past 4:15 sounded amazing.  So much for that.
I woke up at 3:30 and my mind was racing.
Emails I needed to get out, stuff I needed to do,...on and on.  It was absurd, and next thing I know Oscar is whining at the door for food.  He acts like he hasn't eaten in 3 days.
Clearly he has.
My God, the joker is practically pulling a muscle trying to run up the stairs.  No, he's not limping, he's just fat and I have no sympathy for a 3am meow mix craving.

This week has honestly flown by.
I've got new clients ready to roll and doing a diet overhaul during the next several days.
When I initially have them keep a food journal I think its eye-opening in itself for them to see what's going in their mouth.  Our notion of "food" is so screwed up its ridiculous.  Just because its edible in the sense that it won't instantly kill you upon ingestion, doesn't make it a true food.  Processed foods should honestly be a minority in your diet.  From a health standpoint, our bodies were not meant to process all these chemicals, additives, and ungodly amount of sugar.  It amazing peoples' pancreas doesn't explode on a regular basis...

However, I do find that many females have this horrible, yet popular notion that to lose weight they must be hungry all the time.  That couldn't be further from the truth and is basically counterproductive.  Fact: Your body needs a certain amount of calories to function and carry out bodily processes.  Anything you burn on top of that in regards to lifestyle/workout accounts for your total daily energy expenditure.  If you cut calories TOO low below that point, your body will actually hold onto fat because it senses that food/energy is scarce and seeks to conserve energy.  Thus, your metabolism slows, and your body opts to sacrifice hard earned muscle instead of fat because muscle utilizes more calories to function than fat does.  The body is all about survival and homeostasis.  Anything that jeopardizes that, like extreme low-calorie dieting, puts the body into a conservation state. STOP STARVING.  You have to eat to lose. 

I've got about 5 meal plans to get together before Sunday, and some of them make me want to scream through the computer.  I literally feel their insides cringing.
So on that note, take a look at the MAJORITY of your food choices.  Are they real food or packaged crap that could last on a shelf for a solid 14 months due to massive amounts of chemicals?  And if you're trying to lose weight and about to claw out your eyes because you're so hungry, time to actually feed your body and lose fat at the same time.  It can be done, I promise!
Friday morning and I'm already fired up...

Well, seeing as how I've been up for almost 4 hours, its time to fold some laundry and start on another project.  This weekend will be busy in that regard.  I've got about a week to get my house in order before I decorate for Christmas.
That's right.  The tree will be up and my house will be a fire hazard in less than 8 days.  Slightly obsessed with the most wonderful time of the year...slightly....

Tomorrow is my little brother's birthday.  Hard to believe he turns 25.
Seems like just yesterday he was toting around Big Bird sucking his thumb like a champ.  Hell, it literally might have been yesterday,...kid's crazy...

Happy Birthday Bud, love you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment