Friday, November 2, 2012

Showtime

I'm not sure what it is about Friday mornings now, but I am pretty much incapable of sleeping past 4am.  I've been up since 3.  My brain started rolling through my "to-do" list of emails as if I was on speed.  Its beyond absurd.  I need sleep, and yet there I was sucking down my first cup of coffee by 3:30.
The only other people up at this time are drunk college kids and menopausal women with insomnia.
Not sure where I fit in that spectrum.
I've reached a new low.

The bright side of this is that I've already cleaned my house.  But let's be honest, no one can completely appreciate a clean house before 9am because they're too in awe of the fact that you've been up for the past 6 hours and actually think you're an idiot.
Its fine, I get it.

I look like I got hit by a bus.
Happy Friday.


On a much more positive note, I had an AWESOME day of work yesterday.
I had a couple of new golfers, and it absolutely makes my day to watch someone genuinely have a motivating, eye-opening experience in the gym.
It fuels me.
This one particular man has dealt with back pain and tightness while playing for years, and all he wanted was to feel better, stronger, and actually enjoy the game he loved.  It was almost as if he'd resigned himself to the notion that with age comes chronic pain and discomfort during EVERY activity.  Very defeating notion to adopt.
We went over posture issues, core positioning, etc and 15 minutes later here was a nearly 70 year old man doing a straight leg deadlift pain-free in perfect form.  He felt great and like an absolute success after that hour.
That truly made my day and left me pretty darn fired up.  Dangerous.

That led me into my workout, which was a stark contrast to last Thursday's lifting session.  I felt great....awake, strong, and not completely ready to bang my head against the wall during cardio.  Overall, great day in the gym.

Busy weekend ahead.
One of my clients has her first Figure competition on Saturday, so I am headed to that in Greensboro.  She's excited, tired, anxious, pumped,...all of the above.  Its been a long and yet short 5 months of workout/nutrition preparation all leading up to this day.  But she is ready.  In her moments of anxiety, I was reminded of my life in the midst of one competition prep right after another....what a roller coaster.
Yes, I loved the stage.  But there are times when the constant self-critique and fear of "not being good enough" was strong enough to nearly break you.
I totally get it.
I've enjoyed being on this side of competing this go-round. 
So here we go Susie.
Game time. :)

Well, hell, its not even 7am.  What to do....what to do....
Have a great Friday folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment