Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday Kicks and Gifts

Facebook is not letting me post comments right now.
Amazing.
The one time this week I want to comment on a status and it refuses to cooperate, and yet Peggy-Sue-Talkbox has successfully posted 7 times since noon about her dog, kids, neighbor, job, and bowel movements.  Completely unnecessary.  I'll be over it in a few minutes...for now, I will marinate in my bitterness...


Today kicked me...hard.  I was more tired than yesterday and don't really remember much of the drive to work.  I had death grip on the coffee mug and Kesha was blasting in my ears.  There is nothing calm and relaxing about my morning commute.  Its pretty much a coffee-drunk-rock-concert in the Galant for the entire 21 miles.
My morning clients were a trip, and even came bearing gifts.  Fueling the addiction, Lora shows up with coffee beans...it was like a moth to a flame.  Perfect gift for a Monday....or any day for that matter.  Thank you Lora!!  That was very thoughtful :)

My workout proved to be a ridiculous struggle.  Some days it flows.  Some days I'd rather take a punch to the face and hope for the best.  Everything felt heavier than it should have.  My chest routine was much harder than last week, and biceps seemed to follow suit.  40 minutes in and I was hating life.  Sounds so positive.  Its the truth.  I was exhausted and frustrated, and to sugar coat it would be a lie.  Yes, even I don't like my workouts some days.  Why does that shock people?  Embrace the suck and keep moving.  Oh I was embracing it all right.  It was practically groping me. 
I was happy to be done and get in the shower.  Most days I get in there and experience momentary paralysis.  I have no intentions of moving...much less scrubbing.  Today was one of those days.  I was running up the water bill and quite frankly didn't care.  I was contemplating life.  Ok, that's a lie.  I was just thinking that the bench in the shower should come slightly padded and perhaps with an armrest.  Someone get on that...

8:20pm. 
There is a good chance that I fall asleep while typing.  I can hardly keep my eyes open.  I have a few more things I want to address, but I honestly need to get in bed.  Have a great Monday night folks, and I'll catch ya tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Glad I could help fuel your addiction and get you moving Meredith! :) I honestly couldn't pass it up at the store, it was like the coffee beans were shouting your name!

    Talking about kicking butt, I'm SOOOO sore from that workout! My husband had to push me out of bed this morning because my abs (and every other muscle in my body) were killing me! That's a good thing, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck yeah its a good thing....its the people are being pushed out of bed but NOT because of a workout that should question their lifestyle ;)
      And yes, Dunkin Donuts fueled the machine this morning. I was in rare form by 6am!

      Delete