Friday, June 22, 2012

...To The Peaks

This is officially my last week at 28 years old.
Not sure how I feel about this, but pretty sure I will wake up and have a mini-freakout next Friday.  For all of you over the age of 29 and rolling your eyes, just let me soak this in a little.  Hate me a little.  Fine, I get it.

Long workday yesterday.
As I ate dinner at 10pm I was practically in a coma...and I think I didn't wash my lettuce good enough.  There's a good chance that I ate dirt.  At that point I didn't really care and figured it was just extra fiber.  The best investment I've made in the last month was a salad spinner.  That thing is genius, and well worth it if you eat a lot of salads.  But its one of those inventions you look at and get slightly pissed off that you didn't think of it yourself.  Like the post-it.  Somewhere someone is sitting on millions of dollars because they decided to put adhesive on the back of paper.
Apparently, I am friends with the wrong people.
I can't say anything,...I've invented nothing.

Finally Friday.
I've got a shoulder/core workout and then Ryan and I hit the road for a conference in the mountains.  There are no televisions in the rooms so we'll see how long he lasts before he goes into convulsions.  My guess is approximately 12 minutes.
With the College World Series on, its like putting him in front of a buffet with no plate and a straight jacket.
I will not win wife-of-the-year award.
Shocker.

Meanwhile, I've got food, vitamins, and protein to pack in preparation for the trip.  At least I don't have to go through the airport.  I can pack my cooler and go.  Instant coffee, check....practically my medication.

Well folks, we are about to face the weekend.  The time when A LOT of people lose focus and make poor health choices for the sake of "a good time" or "being social."  Keep your goals at the forefront of your mind and remember why you started the journey to begin with.  The reward of accomplishment is greater than any temptation to detour.
Stay focused.
Move forward.
Have a great weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. I read the paragraph about Ryan to Nick outloud in the car and he almost spit his coffee out! Cracked us up! He said "I'm sure he will have his smartphone" ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, I may never hear the end of it! I'm sure Nick understands...damn testosterone and television! And heaven help us if we don't get phone service up there...you might see us on the news.

      Delete
  2. I'm interested in hearing how Ryan does without a TV in the room this weekend. I'm pretty sure that's Chris' close definition of torture. I think he'd rather come to one of my Jazzercise classes than spend the weekend anywhere without some sort of TV/Phone/Computer/Ipad.

    I was going to make a reference to the movie "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" and the post-it notes but then I realized you're probably too young for that movie. ;) {insert snarky tone of voice}. It's ok though - I've come to discover that the older we get the younger we think we are. I swear when I'm talking to college girls we're the same age...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know for sure!

      And funny, I instantly thought of that movie when I typed that part...ha, one of my cheesy faves :)

      Delete