Thursday, June 7, 2012

Limping Through Thursday

Not sure when my Thursday officially started.
It could have been at 1am when I got up to use the bathroom...or at 2:30 when I was ready to strap on a Depends...or perhaps at 3:30 when I vowed never to drink water again.  I'm not really sure.  To make it even better, I've had this horrible sharp pain in my left foot since yesterday that caused me to limp to the toilet.  What's worse than using the bathroom in the middle of the night more than a 5 year old with a UTI?...Limping to the bathroom numerous times knowing that if the house were on fire you'd pee yourself and then not make it out because of a gimp foot.
This is what goes through my head.  Welcome to my twisted world.

Once I was up and rolling I was so hungry.  Some days it just hits me like a mac truck.  By the time I am downstairs, I scarf down egg whites and grapefruit like I'm in the last 30 seconds of Man vs. Food.  Back in college when I was trying to put on weight in preparation for Nationals, I had to wake up at 1am to have a protein shake and peanut butter.  It was the highlight of my evening... which makes my life look really sad, I know.  Most college seniors were chugging beer at 1am, and there I was half-naked borderline comatose with a shake in one hand and some JIF in the other.  What a scene. 
Anyway, after my first meal and coffee it was a FULL day to say the least. 

Workout today ended up being back, core, and triceps.  I was pretty frustrated because it took me longer than usual to sort of get in the groove of things.  That's life sometimes.  By the end I was pleased with my numbers, finished with cardio, and then it was time for my afternoon crowd.  Everyone seemed pretty quiet today...well, with the exception of a certain few who would talk through anesthesia.  The one thing I can say about my job is that there is never a dull moment or lack of interesting people.  One day I'll write a book...

Oh my day only got better...
This must have been the week people knew I needed a mega-dose of sanity/caffeine.  Susan brought me some more Dunkin Donuts coffee this afternoon!  Was there a memo that went out?  I am set for the entire summer.  Seriously.  If everyone is willing to fuel my addictions, I also wear a size 6.5 shoe...
You people are unbelievable.

Before I sign off, I'd like to say that there are weeks when I truly struggle through each day...mentally, physically, emotionally...but my clients keep me going in more ways than they know.  I am beyond grateful for you/them...even when you complain and momentarily hate me.  You rock ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment