Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Smells Oh So Good...

I thought that an extra hour of sleep would put me on a whole new level of greatness today.  Yeah, that didn't go exactly as planned.  My screwed up internal clock woke up at 4:18, practically smacked me in the face, and then made it even harder to get up at 5.  Happy hump day to me.

The morning was pretty standard with a few clients telling jokes, a few professing their hate for exercise, and one person saying my display of "tough love" means nothing to them because they "don't want to be loved that hard."  That was pretty good, hadn't heard that one before.
Its funny to me that people often think I'm being mean or take pleasure in watching them suffer...blah blah blah.  Seriously?  Its a workout.  That's it.  It as nothing to do with my mood, emotions, or anything else that some claim to effect exercise selection.  If I had a dollar every time someone said they didn't want to do this or that, I could retire.  Not that I don't care what someone likes or doesn't like to do in the gym, but to some extent I don't.  Ha.  Ironically, we tend to dislike what is hard,...which is exactly what we need to work on.  Funny how that happens.

My own workout today was just a cardio session on the treadmill.  That was pretty much all I could handle today.  Looking forward to chest and triceps tomorrow...of course I would.  My shoot is in a little over a week, which means no birthday cake on Friday.  Yeah, I could punch myself for that....not nearly as hard as I'd like, but enough to piss me off.  Its not the best timing, but I can always make up for it a week later.  I'll probably spread my birthday celebration out until August, who knows.  Don't judge me.  I never got to have any cool birthday parties in school or bring cupcakes because I have a summer birthday.  Yes, still a little bitter.  Why couldn't Tommy and Susan get busy in March instead of October?  Perhaps a little Columbus Day celebration gone craaazy...
Freaks.

Highlight of my day...
I had to go my the post office today.  Its generally my least favorite place to go besides the DMV because they don't play any music while you wait for Gretta to send a 50 pound box of glass and liquids across the globe.  By the time she figures out half her package cannot be sent, stamps have gone up 2 cents and you've contemplated boycotting every card-sending occasion for the next 7 years.  Needless to say I'm not very fond of the place.
BUT, today there was a man standing in front of me wearing one of my absolute favorite colognes.  I could have stood there for 20 minutes.  What a creeper.  I was afraid I might slip into a zone and next thing I know be sniffing his neck right there in front of the flat rate boxes.  Some of you know exactly what I'm talking about. 
So to the man, thank you.  See you next Wednesday. 

Clearly I should not be allowed in public on very little sleep, post-workout, with no caffeine left in my system...

Ah yes, bedtime.  I am more excited about this than I should be.  Long day, big day tomorrow, and then BIRTHDAY TIME! 
My first 29th birthday ;)


2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a GREAT birthday tomorrow!! Last year in your 20's, enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lora! It will be a fun day I'm sure....HOT...but fun :)

      Delete