Monday, June 11, 2012

Bubblemint Withdrawal...

I woke up face-down in the bed, flipped over, and was convinced it was the middle of the night.  I was certain I had plenty of time before I'd slap on my war paint and head to work.
False.
The second I rolled over the alarm went off.  You have got to kidding me.  I literally just crawled in bed.  Getting mad at this point was worthless and I honestly didn't have the energy to devote to it.  Eh....time for a Monday...

The day began with a cruel reminder of an agreement Zimm and I made this past weekend.  Each summer we sort of do our own version of Lent in the name of self-improvement.  We spend a couple of weeks coming up with something for each of us to give up for a month.  Last year he hit me with a whammy and I had to forgo my afternoon coffee.  Well, after being on suicide watch for the first week I managed to survive, AND no longer need the afternoon cup of Joe.  Yes, it broke me of the habit....I still love/hate him for it.
Well, this year my challenge is no chewing gum.  Sounds easy right?  Well, I sort of have an oral fetish for the Trident Bubble Mint.  I throw in 2 at a time, and will have up to 16-20 pieces per day.  What an addict.  However, I do it for the initial "hit"....(spoken like any gum, crack, or meth junkie).  I chew it for about 3 minutes and then spit it out.  Its amazing my jaw does not cramp up during the day.
Today was brutal though.  I was reminded of just how habitual we are as humans.  When it came time for my usual gum-fix, I had to whine a little and put my mind on something else.  Here's how my thought process went during the day...

6am....I can totally do this, piece of cake
8am....I really want 2 pieces right now...2 measly pieces...
10:30am...I totally empathize with everyone on Intervention.  Life is not fair and rehab is for quitters.
1pm....You piss me off Zimm and you're not even here...2 FREAK'N PIECES...
3pm....Wonder if this pen tastes like bubblemint...
5pm....I will sell my cat for gum...
7pm....Someone please dare me to do something crazy...I win gum if I do it...
8:15pm....I have a problem.

I thought about it today and its been about 6 years since I've gone an entire day without gum.  How horrible is that?...Very.  Not going to lie, I've felt less gassy.  Win/win for everyone....but not sure its worth the lack of gum. 
I am convinced that tomorrow will either be very good, or a nightmare and I will be sending hate-texts to Zimm every hour on the hour....in all caps...and with an ungodly amount of exclamation points.  For you people who already do that, STOP!  ITS ANNOYING!  IT FEELS LIKE YOU ARE YELLING ALL THE TIME!!

Workout went well today...not great, but ok.  I mixed things up and went back and biceps.  I needed a change from my typical Monday.  Overall, I kept everything as heavy as possible and finished with cardio.  I was pretty shocked that my biceps lasted as long as they did because after back, my forearms are pretty shot.  Tomorrow will be shoulders and core....love that day.

Well, I am struggling to stay awake and still have a couple of emails to answer. 
Need sleep.
Want gum.
Eesh...

No comments:

Post a Comment