Sunday, June 17, 2012

Thanks Dad

Its already Sunday night and I just woke up from a nap not too long ago.
I had no intentions of sleeping, and then the next thing I know I'm on the couch fighting the I'm-not-tired-but-I-would-punch-you-for-5-minutes-of-shut-eye battle...well, I lost.  I was out in about 30 seconds.  Now here I am in some sort of nap-handover.  Sweet.

The weekend began Friday night when we went bowling and I had to completely dominate Ryan in spite of the arthritis flare-up during the 7th frame.  Seriously, I have no clue how I managed that one, but back-2-back wins in anything is always nice.  He blamed the loss on slippery fingers from eating pizza.  I have little sympathy.  They have a hand-drying machine for God's sake,...that's like skipping the water station during a race and then cramping up from dehydration.  Come on Falcon...

Saturday night was a family dinner with my grandpa/aunt/uncle/cousin/brother/sister/nieces...you get the picture.  They served everything family style.  If you've never experienced that at an Italian restaurant, its pretty much all you can eat until you either vom, pass-out, or have an allergic reaction and must surrender.  At one point I look over and I was fairly certain my brother was in pain.  Self-induced pain.  Meanwhile, I'm over there trying to explain to an almost 3 year old that you can't just eat butter for dinner.  She gets it from my grandma. The same woman whose sweet-tooth nearly cost her a busted hip during a midnight honeybun craving. 
It was an entertaining dinner to say the least...

Well, its Father's day.
First, let me say that my dad is in Key West on a fishing trip and the odds of me holding this fact against him for the next few years are fairly high.  In the over/under, I'd pick the over.  Nah, I'm kidding.  After 31 years of being a father, I'm surprised it took him this long to leave NC during a holiday. 
My dad is amazing.  I am blessed to have a father I genuinely admire and consider one of my biggest cheerleaders in life.  He deserves a trophy for putting up with all of us.  However, he should have known those 3 nights of passion with my mom would haunt him for the rest of his life. 
Yes, I like to think it was only 3.
Don't ruin it for me. 

So here's to you, Dad...love you dearly!!


On that note, I am about to crawl in bed.  Monday awaits and its going to be another hectic week.  Have a great night folks.  To you fathers, enjoy the rest of your Father's Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment