Thursday, June 14, 2012

All You Can Eat...

Apparently a bug thought my right thigh was an open buffet.  I look ridiculous.  It doesn't really itch, but I could connect the bites with a marker and look like an etch-a-sketch.

This week honestly felt extremely long.
I didn't get enough sleep, and just felt down right stressed and worn out.  I've got an entire afternoon tomorrow to devote to ME-time, and I have absolutely no clue how I want to spend it.  Fetal position on my living room floor sounds about as appealing as anything right now.

The past 2 weeks have been full of diet overhauls.  I've had a handful of female clients come to me wondering why the scale has not budged.  As we talked a little more in depth about daily nutrition habits it became a common theme: not eating enough.  They all looked at me like I was crazy.  Its how the body works folks: When calories are too low, the body enters a mode of conservation.  Thus, it will hold on to every ounce of fat and sometimes even get rid of the most calorically expensive tissue (muscle) in the name of survival.  There is a fine line in a caloric deficit which is effective for fat-loss, and one that is too low and ultimately compromises muscle mass.
4 ladies have already reported back that they are down 2-5 pounds.  Boom.  Eat more, weigh less.  Amazing that you don't have to starve to lose fat and be healthy....imagine that...

Speaking of workouts, mine were definitely a struggle the past few days.  My heartrate was higher than normal, and everything felt extremely heavy.  I know part of it is the fact that I've been at a harder grind than normal with this photoshoot coming up.  I'm not in an all-out-competition-diet-mode, but close.  The last 3-4 weeks are always the hardest.  Fat is barely budging and energy levels are horrible.  Sounds appealing doesn't it?  I will be out of control by the time this thing rolls around.

I was excited to grocery shop in peace tonight.
My creeper was not working tonight.  Thank God.  I was not in the mood to remotely try and be pleasant with someone who just may be on the news in the next 2 years.  More importantly, I was way too tired to put him in a choke-hold  by the frozen salmon if need be.  I don't play around with stalkers or grocery shopping.  Mix the two and I will not think twice about crossing my own line of decency in front of innocent shoppers.  Every time I walk in my anxiety level goes through the roof, and I suddenly feel the need to warm-up and stretch in case things go down.  I'm prepared, what can I say...
Tonight was fine.  In and out...got my food...got home...

Well, I am hitting the bed like a ton of bricks.
Friday is waiting.  Here we go folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment