Sunday, June 10, 2012

Feeling Old...er

Sunday morning.
I just finished peeling 36 eggs, browning turkey meat, and making meatballs.  My house smells like an interesting combination of basil and egg yolk, which is horrible by the way.  Lavender/vanilla = much more appealing.  That's probably my favorite yankee candle scent...well, and anything having to do with Christmas.  In addition to being a shoe whore, I am also a Christmas whore.
Ha, where's that greeting card Hallmark?
Seriously, the fact that they can make a candle that smell exactly like a Christmas tree, Christmas cookies, etc. is pretty mind blowing.  And yes, I realize that spending more than 2 seconds contemplating this is a waste of time...

I cleaned out my closet yesterday.
I do this fairly often, but it amazes me how some clothes look totally different when you try them on later.  I swear I got rid of several shirts that made me look 6 months pregnant.  Not the look I was going for.  So then I have this moment of self-doubt....Did I wear this and actually think I looked good?...Was I accidentally shopping in the maternity section?...Was I intoxicated when I entered the store?...
Momentary panic before immediately throwing the items in the goodwill-go-make-someone-else-look-prego pile.

The weekend flew by just like every other weekend post-college.  Friday night I had dinner with a lovely and dear friend from high school.  I think we sucked all the oxygen out of that restaurant from talking so much.  That's how we do.  I ordered the salmon, as I always do at that particular place, and I may have drooled a few times on the plate.   I meant to take a picture.  Clearly, I got caught up in telling stories....it was the perfect way to cap off the week.

Last night I attended a graduation party for Tyler.  God I feel old.  Having been at a job where I've worked with athletes from the time they were starting middle school up through high school and then beyond, I literally feel like an old woman.  Many of you are shaking your head because you've felt this way for years.  Fine, let me marinate in my shocking dose of reality for a second.
I kept looking at him and his friends thinking how young they seem and doing the whole did I look that young? thought process.  The answer is yes.  Senior year:




Its been a full weekend and I'm not quite done yet.  Getting ready to go celebrate an early Father's Day with my dad and the whole Parker crew.  Family gathering means a few guarantees...

1. Something inappropriate in reference to a bodily function will be discussed while eating.
2. Mom will show us her latest project which will involve glitter, jewels, or both.
3. David and Jordan will fake punches and crotch-kicks to one another all afternoon.
4. Someone will cry.  My money is on mom.
5. Dad will brag about his garden.......which is ironically located in the middle of the front yard and pretty sure devalues the house.
6.  I will sweat the entire time.
7. Mom and/or dad will wear something that I will later have to secretly extract from their closet and burn.

...that list could probably go for another page or so.
Ah yes, family time is never boring. 


Well folks, rest up for another week.  Be excited to have another opportunity to be better tomorrow than you were today.  Stay focused.  Keep moving forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment