Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Redemption

Its been a long week so far and its only Tuesday.
Honestly, it was one of those days that I get home and just scream at the top of my lungs.  My cat probably peed himself when I did it.  Ha...wouldn't be the first time.  But I needed it.  It was just one of those days when, by 6pm, the smallest thing could have sent me into "a fit" as my grandma would say.  And what a fit it would be...

Part of the issue was my workout yesterday.  I hate having a bad workout.  I don't mind when its hard, or I'm sucking wind, or if everything hurts....that's life, move on.  But I had several factors that created one perfect storm.  I felt nauseous from the beginning (not sure if it was the creatine I took), my heartrate was already in the 80s before starting, I was mentally distracted, and simply could not maintain the mind-muscle connection on several of my lifts.  By the end I was pissed.  I just wanted to hit the shower and go on with my day.  And on top of that, it was the first official workout of the new year...what a downer.  If that is a reflection of the year, I might as well lay face-down on the treadmill and set that bad boy on speed 12.  Rough start to say the least...

So today I needed a redemption workout.  I hit shoulders, triceps, and finished with sprints.  It was a great second day workout and even though my heartrate was 200 on the sprints, it felt ok and I was pleased with the entire workout.  And thank you Zimm for always encouraging me through it!
I really want my delts to pop this year, so I've got to bust it on shoulder routines.  I toyed with a couple of different training splits for the next 12 weeks, and after consulting with a few friends who are pro-bodybuilders, I decided to keep it a 5-day split and only hitting legs once a week.  That way, I can focus on bringing my upper body in proportion with my legs.  If it looks like I could squat a house, it needs to look like I can press a house as well.  So that's the plan for now.  Started creatine cycle yesterday, weight is at 132,...so we'll see where that number creeps to.  But given that I'm not bumping up my calories tremendously, it may not move.  Eh, I'm fine either way.

Ugh, already 8:20 and I need to get a move on.  One of my new year's resolutions was to read more.  And by "more" I mean more than ridiculous facebook status updates.  Sooo...that means I need to actually get in bed before 9 so that I have more than 3 minutes to read.  Otherwise, I will open the book, read 1/2 a page, and then fall asleep.  I never make it through an entire chapter.  Which explains my GPA through high school.  So here I go...

I'll leave you with a few pictures from New Year's:

No comments:

Post a Comment